Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1506731 - 02/08/11 06:57 PM Conversion Audit or Checklists
one auditor Offline
100 Club
Midwest
We will be converting to a new core system within the next three months; can anyone share an audit program(s), checklists, or thoughts on what to review after conversion? Trying to increase the Audit Department's value added to the orginization either in audit technique after the conversion or in helping plan for a smooth transition before switching over.

Thank you.

Return to Top
Audit
#1506750 - 02/08/11 07:16 PM Re: Conversion Audit or Checklists one auditor
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
I dont have any audit programs but my number one recommendation is data integrity...before and after conversion. Make sure the departments (loans, deposits, accounting) do enough sampling and testing before hand. It will make a world of difference. We didnt do enough and are still finding data integrity issues a year later.

Also, sit in on as much training as they'll allow. It helps to address control issues up front instead of after the fact.

Good luck!

Return to Top
#1507076 - 02/09/11 02:05 PM Re: Conversion Audit or Checklists RR Jen
CEK Offline
GA
In the FFIEC.gov site you can find the Development and Acquisition booklet and examination procedures. It speaks to what you need to do before, during and after implementation. Here is the URL:
http://www.ffiec.gov/ffiecinfobase/html_pages/d_a_book_frame.htm

Contact me as follows:
Email: cknowles@ficsas.com
Phone: 770-403-3095

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z