Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1507822 - 02/10/11 12:08 AM 1-4 and Manufactured Home - Same Property
ItNeverEnds CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Looking for my sanity
I need some help as I'm not very experienced with HMDA. If we have a loan in which the property has a 1-4 and a manufactured home on the same parcel, the borrower lives in the 1-4. Would the property type be 1 - One to Four on the LAR? I'm leaning toward yes, but I'm not sure how to back up that decision. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#1507835 - 02/10/11 01:32 AM Re: 1-4 and Manufactured Home - Same Property ItNeverEnds CRCM
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Sounds like it's a refi so you report the collateral that secures the loan. Is the 1-4 a single family residence? Did you take both the residence and the manufactured home as collateral? Even if you took both of them as collateral, if they're each a 1-4 family unit, you report 1-4.

Return to Top
#1507987 - 02/10/11 03:39 PM Re: 1-4 and Manufactured Home - Same Property Truffle Royale
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
http://www.ffiec.gov/hmda/pdf/2010guide.pdf
Search word - multiple

If the loan is secured by multiple properties (purchase or refi), pick one and report on it.

In a HI, you report on the property be improved. If more than one property being improved, pick one.

One clarification "Even if you took both of them as collateral, if they're each a 1-4 family unit, you report 1-4." In your case, one of these would be reported as a 1-4, the other would be reported as a code 2-manufactured housing, depending on which one you selected.

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM