Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1494534 - 01/13/11 04:04 PM 43 year banker boss retirement party planning
Always In Training Offline
Diamond Poster
Where the Green Grass Grows
My boss retires at the end of the month. Trying to find a touching, funny something to have put on the cake. Google is not being my friend today as "banker retirement party" search results in; how to plan a party without breaking the bank. Annoying. As many of you have been around for a while -- HELP PLEASE!

Our state banking association is coming to give him an award or presentation or something. We as employees have chipped in to buy him a day at the spa. He's kind of a 60+ year old fashion plate - MANi/pedi kind of guy. Married with 1 child and 2 grandchildren.

The cake has little fondant/rice paper pictures of currency on it, but aren't sure what to have written on it.

Return to Top
#1494555 - 01/13/11 04:15 PM Re: 43 year banker boss retirement party planning Always In Training
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Try searching on Quotes about retirement.

quotes about retirement

And then there's always the standby:

Bankers never retire - they just want to be a loan.
Bankers never retire - they just lose interest.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1494965 - 01/13/11 08:41 PM Re: 43 year banker boss retirement party planning waldensouth
East Texas Offline
Diamond Poster
East Texas
I'm retired — goodbye tension, hello pension!

Retirement: World's longest coffee break.

Retirement: When you stop lying about your age and start lying around the house.

In retirement, only money and symptoms are consequential.

Retired: The Older I Get the Better I Was.

Retired: Too Old to Work — Too Young to Die.

Retired: Seen it all. Done it all. Can't remember most of it

Return to Top
#1495107 - 01/13/11 11:00 PM Re: 43 year banker boss retirement party planning East Texas
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I am a 60+ type myself, and if a fashion plate, I would prefer a gift card to the best men's shop in town versus a mani and pedi. Do you know this guy enjoys going to a spa?

Just askin'.....

Return to Top
#1495122 - 01/13/11 11:41 PM Re: 43 year banker boss retirement party planning waldensouth
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Originally Posted By: waldensouth
Bankers never retire - they just want to be a loan.
Bankers never retire - they just lose interest.

These get my vote, 100%! Too funny, and banker-specific laugh

Return to Top
#1495643 - 01/14/11 06:21 PM Re: 43 year banker boss retirement party planning Pale Rider
Always In Training Offline
Diamond Poster
Where the Green Grass Grows
Originally Posted By: Pale
I am a 60+ type myself, and if a fashion plate, I would prefer a gift card to the best men's shop in town versus a mani and pedi. Do you know this guy enjoys going to a spa?

Just askin'.....

Yup. He went to this spa once for 1 service --- and still talks about it. This isn't the local acrylic nail salon, but he does visit these for the whirlpool pedicure every couple of months. Our spa package is one of those full day in suite with a meal things. We know he'll love it.

Pale, I appreciate the thoughts!

Return to Top
#1508579 - 02/11/11 01:46 PM Re: 43 year banker boss retirement party planning Always In Training
A_G Online
10K Club
Congrats! cool

Return to Top
#1508609 - 02/11/11 02:10 PM Re: 43 year banker boss retirement party planning A_G
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
See if you (or your tellers) can find an old bill with a date when he got into banking, then everyone sign it and put it in a card.

(or a new dollar bill that everyone signs and write on top "FOR EMERGENCY ONLY")

Return to Top
#1508726 - 02/11/11 03:11 PM Re: 43 year banker boss retirement party planning Rocky P
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: Southern Banker
See if you (or your tellers) can find an old bill with a date when he got into banking, then everyone sign it and put it in a card.

(or a new dollar bill that everyone signs and write on top "FOR EMERGENCY ONLY")

After 43 years in banking you want to give him a dollar?

What are you tring to do break the bank.

CAMS

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett