Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1508161 - 02/10/11 06:30 PM Equifax Credit Score Data for RBP Notices
KerryG Offline
100 Club
WI
I have been asking Equifax for eons now for their credit score data (the table that lists score X is higher than X% of consumers) and no one I can get ahold of is aware of what I am asking for.

I had one customer service rep tell me that I should have my customers sign up on their website, pay for a credit score and they would get the information that way.

I called and spoke with a different person, he also wasn't aware of what I was asking for and when I gave a theoretical example of a credit score of 650 he started to explain that a score of 650 isn't a great score but it's not horrible either.

I called and left several messages with their sales department that has an automated message for their voicemail that they make every effort to return calls same day (well we're working on weeks now and no return call).

We only obtain an Equifax score through Freddie Mac's Loan Prospector. I know I need the Equifax Beacon 5.0 list. Would anyone be willing to share a contact or send the list to me? PM me for my email.

Thank you so, SO very much in advance.

Return to Top
#1509453 - 02/11/11 10:39 PM Re: Equifax Credit Score Data for RBP Notices KerryG
Way Out West Offline
100 Club
Way Out West
San Francisco
As I understand it, the data necessary to fill in the blank in the "your credit score is greater than ____% of consumers" disclosure is published in the form of an interval table (or distribution chart) and you have to build your own graph or figure out what the number is yourself. But that info is available. You also need to know the exact scoring model you're using because there's a different interval table for each flavor of score.

As I also understand it, the credit bureaus (for a fee) will provide that number along with the credit score so you can then pull it off your system and plug it into the right spot on the exception notice. Now whether or not your system is set up to receive that number, you need to figure out. Our systems were not set up to receive and store the number, so we had to go with the graphs.

Send me a PM and I'll try to help you offline.

Good luck.

Return to Top