Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1509659 - 02/14/11 03:19 PM ESCROW - PLEASE RESPOND
dnwkeefer Offline
We have a loan that closed where the customer was purchasing his primary residence. We escrowed for taxes and insurance. His mother was a co-signer on the loan and we also took her primary residence as additional collateral. Are we required to escrow for her taxes and insurance as well? Thank You.

I have tried several times to post here, but I never receive any feedback. I think one time someone did respond. I would appreciate any help with this question. I have examiners coming at the end of the month.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1509665 - 02/14/11 03:23 PM Re: ESCROW - PLEASE RESPOND dnwkeefer
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
If the loan is a HPML then IMO you would need to escrow for both as all parties to the loan are consumers and you have a first lien on each consumer's primary residence.

If a non HPML then it's your choice.

Return to Top
#1509670 - 02/14/11 03:28 PM Re: ESCROW - PLEASE RESPOND dnwkeefer
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
First of all, may I suggest you be more specific in titling your thread. 'Escrow' is very broad and may not pull in all the views and responses you'd get with a more specific title on your thread.

As to your question, did the mother sign the note? Why did you require escrow on the loan? See if this BOL Guru Q&A helps answer your question.

Return to Top
#1509678 - 02/14/11 03:34 PM Re: ESCROW - PLEASE RESPOND Truffle Royale
dnwkeefer Offline
The mother is a co-signer, and she signed the note as a co-signer.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z