Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1514796 - 02/25/11 05:46 PM Training webinars offered thru NMLS
Many Hats Offline
Platinum Poster
Orlando, FL
We were interested in registering for the session entitled MLO Basics (a training session for MLO's). Following is the description: This session will show MLOs how to: update and attest to their MU4R filing, complete the fingerprint process, understand notification emails, view their Composite MLO record, and grant their institution access (if necessary).

Has anyone done this training? Is it really only for MLO's?

We do not plan on having our MLO's do anything on the web site - only the administrators.

Return to Top
S.A.F.E. Act Forum
#1514810 - 02/25/11 06:10 PM Re: Training webinars offered thru NMLS Many Hats
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Yes, we did it Wednesday.

It does a nice job of showing both scenarios... exactly what the MLO will see, as well what you need to see.

It's surprisingly simple.

Return to Top
#1514823 - 02/25/11 06:29 PM Re: Training webinars offered thru NMLS #Just Jay
Many Hats Offline
Platinum Poster
Orlando, FL
Will the MLO's be required to actually log onto the site and do anything?

I am going to sign up our admins to attend the training, but I am just not sure if the MLO's really need to sit in on it.

Return to Top
#1514848 - 02/25/11 06:48 PM Re: Training webinars offered thru NMLS Many Hats
hrlady Offline
100 Club
Your MLO will need to go into the system to attest to the information you entered. So yes, they'll need to know how to do that.

Return to Top
#1514858 - 02/25/11 06:53 PM Re: Training webinars offered thru NMLS hrlady
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Does the NMLS give any material to support the training? Not sure if we can get all our staff together to watch one of these, and would like to use their material to suppliment our training.

Return to Top
#1514861 - 02/25/11 06:54 PM Re: Training webinars offered thru NMLS hrlady
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Ditto what hrlady said. Plus depending on how you are doing the fingerprinting, they will need to set their appointment and location up as well.

We are going to do the upload of basic core information for the LOs, and then have them come in in groups to login, set their passwords and such, complete their info, attest and so on.

Keep in mind, this is the LOs registration and account for the rest of their working career, not just a one time formality to get this off the ground and running. They will need to understand this.

Return to Top
#1514864 - 02/25/11 06:56 PM Re: Training webinars offered thru NMLS DD Regs
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: DD Regs
Does the NMLS give any material to support the training? Not sure if we can get all our staff together to watch one of these, and would like to use their material to suppliment our training.

IMO, not so. I felt the training provided was more of a "this is what they can expect to see, and this is what you will want to tell them, or this is what you will need to know to help them" kinda feel.

You should really sigg up for them... it's a helluva deal for $35. Basic, but leaves no stone unturned.

Return to Top
#1514874 - 02/25/11 07:02 PM Re: Training webinars offered thru NMLS #Just Jay
Many Hats Offline
Platinum Poster
Orlando, FL
I think we're going to have the admins attend each training session first, then have the MLO's do the training session that is just for them later (as I am sure they will be offering mroe sessions).

Return to Top
#1518391 - 03/07/11 08:26 PM Re: Training webinars offered thru NMLS Many Hats
Sheldon Hendrix Offline
Diamond Poster
Sheldon Hendrix
South
Does anybody know if they plan on doing more "MLO Basics" beyond March? All of the ones that they had offered are closed.

Return to Top
#1518424 - 03/07/11 08:58 PM Re: Training webinars offered thru NMLS Sheldon Hendrix
Reads Regs Offline
Diamond Poster
I just checked the web site http://mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org/news/events/Pages/FedHowToSeries.aspx and it looks like sessions A, B, and D still have openings. They are also now providing a link to the materials.

You can access a recording of an overview webinar they had hosted from the following page http://mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org/news/events/Pages/default.aspx I didn't participate so I don't know if this covers everything you need to know.

Return to Top
#1535937 - 04/14/11 10:19 PM Re: Training webinars offered thru NMLS Reads Regs
Reads Regs Offline
Diamond Poster
NMLS has now posted links to the webinar recordings for their 4 part series. If you didn't get to sign up for them, you can view them for free. Use the links in my prior post.

If after you have viewed them you still have questions, they are offering 90 minute review webinars on various dates. Here's a link to the page with the schedule. http://mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org/news/events/Pages/fedregreviewworkshop.aspx You must go through a registration process for these.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett