Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1515083 - 02/25/11 09:59 PM REPO of property upon death of borrower
Many Hats Offline
Platinum Poster
Orlando, FL
We have a situation that's making my hair stand up on my neck...maybe I am just being paranoid, but I feel like there's probably something from a compliance stand-point and most likely a legal stand-point that we should consider. I'll throw it out there and if anyone has any thoughts, I would appreciate it.

Situation:
We have a consumer loan made to two individuals (husband and wife) for a MFH without land. It appears that it was their primary residence. I was informed today that we were intending on taking the home into REPO. When I asked what happened, this is what I was told: Some time ago, one of the two people died, then the other spouse must have become incapable of dealing with their finances because a Personal Rep was making the loan payments until recently. Apparently, the surviving spouse has died also. The loan is on the past due report and eventually got to the point where a demand letter was sent. After 10 days with no response, the bank has decided to REPO the home.

It's Friday afternoon...I am ready to go home...but I can't get this deal out of my head.

Should I be worried....or just go home?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1515108 - 02/25/11 10:37 PM Re: REPO of property upon death of borrower Many Hats
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You need the assistance of your legal counsel.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z