Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#15157 - 04/11/02 03:09 PM DDA file maintenance
djohnson Offline
New Poster
djohnson
Oklahoma
I am inquiring about how other banks are controling their DDA maintenance. Is it open to all users, group of users, or is it centralized? Do you require a source document? Please also tell me your approximate asset size and number of branches. Thank you!

Return to Top
General Discussion
#15158 - 04/11/02 04:34 PM Re: DDA file maintenance
Still Developing Offline
100 Club
We are an internet bank with walk in, no branches. Approx asset size is $233mil. For any maintenance, not just DDA, we require a teller or CSR to verify the customer. We receive requests by walk ins, phone, email or regular mail. They then write a maintenace form and send it (along with any written requests, if given, from the customer) to the operations dept. Operations are the only ones who can do actual maintenace to the system. We have a designated person who does not input to do quality control the next day to see the maintenace was performed correctly. This may seem a little drawn out to do something simple, but it insures no one person can easily mishandle a customer's account.

Return to Top
#15159 - 04/11/02 05:15 PM Re: DDA file maintenance
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
ngm,
Please bear with me, but I'm a little lost here. You are an Internet bank with no branches, yet you have walk-in customers?

Return to Top
#15160 - 04/11/02 05:37 PM Re: DDA file maintenance
wpdcad Offline
100 Club
wpdcad
We are a 110 million bank with four offices running Jack Henry CIF20/20 banking software inhouse. We require a written change form to be completed and sent to our DP operations department where it is entered on the system. The internal auditor verifies completion of all file maintenance the following banking day for accuracy. You should have a seperation of duties, people that can open accounts and accept deposits should not be entering file maintenance changes. These changes may include type of deposit account if you have several diffent kinds, interest bearing or not interest bearing, statement cycles, names and addresses, SS Number, overdraft limit, all kinds of dates, opening date, date of last statement, date of last deposit, service charge code, whether to waive or charge a service charge, times OD or NSF in past periods and life to date, etc, etc. a lot of things and reasons not to have tellers and account openers doing the file maintenance input and the need to have a paper trail to verify changes and the employee originating the request.
Last edited by wpdcad; 04/11/02 05:46 PM.

Return to Top
#15161 - 04/11/02 06:24 PM Re: DDA file maintenance
Anonymous
Unregistered

Reply to Bonnie M. We have no branches, but a small lobby in our main (and only)bank building.

Return to Top
#15162 - 04/11/02 08:33 PM Re: DDA file maintenance
AMXSteve Offline
Wilmington, OH, USA
All of our file maintenance is centralized. We are a 1.6 billion dollar institution with 48 offices in 4 states. All file maintenance is performed by our operations area. Branch personnel are not permitted to perform file maintenance. For customer inititated maintenance (change checking product, etc.) the customer signs a form authorizing the change. The customer's identity is verified by the CSR in the branch when the form is signed. For requests received from customers by mail, we verify the customer's signature and send a letter confirming the change the the customer's address of record.

Return to Top