Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#151848 - 01/20/04 11:18 PM Anuual Board of Directors Meeting
lefty Offline
100 Club
lefty
Doe anyone know of the required items needed to be approved at the annual Board of Directors meeting?

Return to Top
Audit
#151849 - 01/20/04 11:24 PM Re: Anuual Board of Directors Meeting
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If your Board is only meeting annually - you have some real problems

Return to Top
#151850 - 01/20/04 11:27 PM Re: Anuual Board of Directors Meeting
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
You must mean the annual meeting of the shareholders, not the board. A board meeting once a year would not be involved enough for the regulators.

Return to Top
#151851 - 01/20/04 11:39 PM Re: Anuual Board of Directors Meeting
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would't call it an annual shareholders meeting since it is 100% owned by a holding company, however the Board of Directors holds an annual meeting to go thru the formal process of appointing officers, brokers/dealers, correpsondents, policies, etc.

What I was trying to determine if there is a list of the items required by the OCC, FDIC, etc. to be approved annually.

Return to Top
#151852 - 01/21/04 03:23 PM Re: Anuual Board of Directors Meeting
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Quote:

I would't call it an annual shareholders meeting since it is 100% owned by a holding company, however the Board of Directors holds an annual meeting to go thru the formal process of appointing officers, brokers/dealers, correpsondents, policies, etc.

What I was trying to determine if there is a list of the items required by the OCC, FDIC, etc. to be approved annually.

It all depends. For example, some banks re-approve various policies (often revised) throughout the year and some banks review and re-approve all policies on an annual basis.

Go [url=http://www.bankersonline.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=70848&Forum=All_Forums&Words="board%20policy%20review"&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=70755&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=0&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post70848]here for a thread on this subject.[/url]

Return to Top
#151853 - 01/21/04 11:11 PM Re: Anuual Board of Directors Meeting
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Our holding company holds its annual shareholder's meeting every April to elect the subsidiary bank's directors. This is immediately preceeding the bank's April Board meeting, at which time the re-elected directors appoint the officers of the bank for the next 12 months. This is all done to comply with the bank's Articles and Bylaws. So I would start with those documents to see what must be done at this "annual" meeting. There are also state laws that may impact what is done at this meeting. For example, in Texas, each director, having been appointed, must sign an acknowledgement accepting their duties. But I know of no FDIC, OCC, OTS or other federal regs that address these annual meetings.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z