Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1518622 - 03/08/11 02:25 PM Removing images from eStatements-Regualtions?
GoGreen Offline
Gold Star
PA
We are looking at removing all images sent with the eStatements. We are planning a 30-day customer notification.

What issues could be have in doing this action?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1519117 - 03/09/11 02:16 AM Re: Removing images from eStatements-Regualtions? GoGreen
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
There are no regulatory requirements to provide images of checks. However, doesn't this kind of defeat the purpose of providing information electronically? Why would you start to provide less??? I would leave your bank immediately.

Return to Top
#1519130 - 03/09/11 03:43 AM Re: Removing images from eStatements-Regualtions? rlcarey
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
That was my thought. As a customer I would not be very happy. Now I have no check copies at all and must go the bank for everything?

Can I look them up online?
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1520009 - 03/10/11 04:02 PM Re: Removing images from eStatements-Regualtions? Kathleen O. Blanchard
GoGreen Offline
Gold Star
PA
Trying to push customer to online Banking where customer may view their chanks and have a longer retention period for the satement and images.

That's goal as we know the customer has a access to a computer and then estatement with images would have a fee. where the online access would not.

Return to Top
#1520349 - 03/10/11 08:15 PM Re: Removing images from eStatements-Regualtions? GoGreen
IslandBank Offline
MA, US
We did this about a year ago. Be prepared to take a number of calls and offer the option to turn them back on on specific accounts. We ended up with some big profile business accounts being quite irked until we switched back for them. For the rest, especially personal accounts, it was highly uneventful.

Return to Top
#1520804 - 03/11/11 06:40 PM Re: Removing images from eStatements-Regualtions? IslandBank

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Question: how are you sending estatements for non-online banking customers? My banks let me know a statement is available and I sign on to online banking to view the statement and my checks.

Return to Top
#1520921 - 03/11/11 08:30 PM Re: Removing images from eStatements-Regualtions? Kathleen O. Blanchard
GoGreen Offline
Gold Star
PA
Yes, the customer does not need to be online banking customer. We have a separate program that allows estatements as due merger of banks that had estatements without online banking linked.

Return to Top
#1520997 - 03/11/11 10:05 PM Re: Removing images from eStatements-Regualtions? GoGreen

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
So is the statement just emailed or do they signon to some other system to access the statement.

Return to Top
#1521395 - 03/14/11 06:24 PM Re: Removing images from eStatements-Regualtions? Kathleen O. Blanchard
GoGreen Offline
Gold Star
PA
The bank sends an email that statement is available for this month and the customer access with a link to the statement server. The customer still is required to have a User ID and password to retrieve the statement.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z