Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#152359 - 01/22/04 01:48 PM Please send me spam!
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
A very high percentage of the questions I am getting about the CAN-SPAM Act relate to coverage. Bankers are struggling to determine what types of messages are covered by the new law and which messages are exempt. With each question, there seems to be a new twist.

I can't believe I am saying this, but...in order to get a broader understanding of the types of emails that bankers are sending to their customers, I'll be happy to look at samples of your messages for the remainder of January 2004 and give you a yes/no/maybe answer about coverage. If you'd like to dump some bank-originated email on me for a quick determination, please send it to "isitspam@aprsystems.com".

Return to Top
General Discussion
#152360 - 01/22/04 02:41 PM Re: Please send me spam!
KSK Offline
Gold Star
KSK
Kansas
Gee Richard, I would love to send you all of the 412 spam messages I've received this month. Everything from banned CD's to pharmaceuticals of all kinds and colors, and all sorts of things in between (use your imagination )

I doubt though that any of these are originated from a bank or financial institution environment, so will save you the experience and delight of enjoying them.

Return to Top
#152361 - 01/22/04 02:46 PM Re: Please send me spam!
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
The question is what email YOU send that may be defined as spam. Richard wants to know about your new deposit/insurance/investment products.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#152362 - 01/22/04 02:47 PM Re: Please send me spam!
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
Fear not, MMiM! I too receive at least 1,000 samples of these fine promotional messages each day. There's no confusion about C-S's coverage of this kind of traffic. As usual, it's the legitimate players who spend the most time trying to figure out how to be good citizens and comply with the law.

Return to Top