Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#1514669 - 02/25/11 03:49 PM Providing NMLS ID #
NeBanker Offline
Gold Star
We are planning on having the NMLS ID# on the GFE. I was also going to instruct the MLOs if they are verbally discussing rates they need to give their number out. Is this sufficient for compliance with the act?

We will be posting a listing in each branch of each ID # as well as making them available on request.

Return to Top
S.A.F.E. Act Forum
#1514815 - 02/25/11 06:21 PM Re: Providing NMLS ID # NeBanker
RobinB Offline
Gold Star
RobinB
Maryland
How about on our websites?

Return to Top
#1514827 - 02/25/11 06:32 PM Re: Providing NMLS ID # RobinB
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
We are doing:

Business cards
Website
Email signature line
Written correspondence
LO specific marketing pieces

Where or how are you planning on putting it on the GFE?? The GFE doesn't allow for modifications of the form, and will you have room in the originatior name box to write "John Q. Johnson, NMLS ID# 12345678"

Return to Top
#1514945 - 02/25/11 08:05 PM Re: Providing NMLS ID # #Just Jay
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
We are putting them on the applications and discussing the business card route. (Application - We sell to Freddie and they require)

Return to Top
#1514958 - 02/25/11 08:15 PM Re: Providing NMLS ID # QCL
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
IMO, you have to have it someplace else earlier than the application, the whole point of the rule being (trying to put myself in the writers shoes here) that the consumer has the ability in check out the MLO prior to choosing to do business with them, which IMo entails deciding to sit down and move forward by completing an application.

How is that objective served if the ID doesn't appear until it is on the app? Furthermore, how often does the borrower get a copy of the app, prior to the closing table anyways.

Return to Top
#1514986 - 02/25/11 08:31 PM Re: Providing NMLS ID # #Just Jay
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Thank you.
These are all the same arguments that I keep making.
Last edited by QCL – MamaBEAR; 03/14/11 03:54 PM.
Return to Top
#1514998 - 02/25/11 08:46 PM Re: Providing NMLS ID # QCL
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Gotcha.

Return to Top
#1517625 - 03/04/11 03:33 PM Re: Providing NMLS ID # #Just Jay
smith Offline
Nebraska
We were thinking about putting a sign on each MLO's desk that lists their SAFE #. Would that be "providing?" Similar to the posts above, we are considering adding it to the application and to business cards but it seems to us that the MLO may be "acting as an MLO" before any of that would be given to the customer.

Return to Top
#1518250 - 03/07/11 04:54 PM Re: Providing NMLS ID # smith
Allformyfamily Offline
100 Club
Allformyfamily
We are planning to post the #'s in our lobby, on business cards, applications and ALL correspondence (email, written letter, etc). As for our website, we don't take applications online, nor do we list any of our staff/officers or their email addresses, however, I am conflicted as to whether we should post them there as well.

Return to Top
#1525440 - 03/22/11 08:14 PM Re: Providing NMLS ID # Allformyfamily
cheech Offline
100 Club
Chatsworh PA
Newbie here!!!

I went on the consumer site to search for a NMLS registered person and it says in the disclosure that:

■Does not include individuals working for federally insured depository institutions.

So we are going to provide this number to consumers and they cannot even verify the information.

So if we are FDIC regulated banks do we have to do the NMLS registration?

Return to Top
#1525462 - 03/22/11 08:35 PM Re: Providing NMLS ID # cheech
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
My understanding is that employees of federally insured depository institutions ("banks") won't have their information available on the Registry until after the July 30th(?) deadline.

If you have people who meet the MLO definition, yes, they (and your bank) will have to register. Banks are excluded from the licensing and continuing education part that state-licensed brokers have to do.

Return to Top
#1525487 - 03/22/11 09:01 PM Re: Providing NMLS ID # cheech
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Originally Posted By: cheech
Newbie here!!!

I went on the consumer site to search for a NMLS registered person and it says in the disclosure that:

■Does not include individuals working for federally insured depository institutions.

So we are going to provide this number to consumers and they cannot even verify the information.

So if we are FDIC regulated banks do we have to do the NMLS registration?

Yes your bank and your MLOs have to register. MLOs who work for banks will not show up in the Registry until after July 29th.

And honestly, the consumer will not look up the number. They don't care. This is just another hoop for us to jump through so politicians will have something to hang their hat on to get re-elected.

Return to Top
#1527500 - 03/28/11 01:22 PM Re: Providing NMLS ID # Dani York, CRCM
dfumero Offline
100 Club
I have not heard about advertizing materials or blogs. Our LOs have their own advertizing materials and they are always adding blogs. We are requiring that Marketing confirms that the MNLS numbers is on all advertizing material prior to approval. In addition, we are requiring the LOs to add their NMLS number on their blogs. Is this over kill?

Return to Top
#1527530 - 03/28/11 02:31 PM Re: Providing NMLS ID # dfumero
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I don't think so, we are also putting the NMLS # on their business cards.

Return to Top
#1527698 - 03/28/11 05:49 PM Re: Providing NMLS ID # Retired DQ
D Sousa Offline
New Poster
Are you also disclosing the branch ID on the business cards?

Return to Top
#1527845 - 03/28/11 08:36 PM Re: Providing NMLS ID # D Sousa
More Changes?!? Offline
The docket says...."We note that the Board has proposed
amendments to 12 CFR 226 (Regulation Z) that would require disclosure of the unique identifier as part of TILA
disclosures, which generally must be provided to a borrower within three business days of the residential mortgage loan application and seven business days before consummation of
the transaction."

So putting the number on the GFE is what we are doing.... but where does it go??? Does the loan officer just write it in at the top?

We are also putting a notcie in the lobby and ion our web site, but keeping it simple! It doesnt say its required other places!

Return to Top
#1527848 - 03/28/11 08:39 PM Re: Providing NMLS ID # More Changes?!?
More Changes?!? Offline

Return to Top
#1527970 - 03/29/11 12:49 PM Re: Providing NMLS ID # D Sousa
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Originally Posted By: D Sousa
Are you also disclosing the branch ID on the business cards?

I figure the MLO having his/her NMLS number would point the consumer to the right place on the consumer website.

Return to Top
#1528159 - 03/29/11 03:28 PM Re: Providing NMLS ID # Retired DQ
dfumero Offline
100 Club
My understanding was that the GFE could not be altered per HUD's guidance. We are adding the NMLS number on our early disclosure cover page.

Return to Top
#1528420 - 03/29/11 07:20 PM Re: Providing NMLS ID # dfumero
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
You could just list it in the lender information box on the GFE with the bank name and address.

Return to Top
#1528883 - 03/30/11 04:37 PM Re: Providing NMLS ID # Dani York, CRCM
cheech Offline
100 Club
Chatsworh PA
We were going to put the NMLS ID on business cards, bottom of e-mail signature, a sign at each desk, on our website under mortgage loans - Is that overkill?

Return to Top
#1529535 - 03/31/11 04:08 PM Re: Providing NMLS ID # cheech
river girl Offline
Diamond Poster
For the signs in the branches and at the lenders desk and on the website are you listing ALL of your MLOs? We have around 100 so..... I could see having each lender with their own sign at their own desk. Is that what others are doing?

For our mortgage loans, we receive numerous loans through our website and the GFE and early disclosures are all automated. They are delivered electronically before the loan is even assigned to a lender so do we have to attach a list of all MLOs with their numbers to our early packet?

Return to Top
#1532144 - 04/06/11 04:50 PM Re: Providing NMLS ID # cheech
More Changes?!? Offline
Originally Posted By: cheech
We were going to put the NMLS ID on business cards, bottom of e-mail signature, a sign at each desk, on our website under mortgage loans - Is that overkill?

We are small and only have 3 loan officers.. we are putting ours in the same places as you and also posting a lobby notice. Figured we have ourselves covered with giving the numbers out... (until they change it!)

Return to Top
#1532810 - 04/07/11 04:53 PM Re: Providing NMLS ID # More Changes?!?
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
In putting it on the website, how are you doing that? We don't list our Loan Officers on our website. We do, however, list bank officers with an e-mail link. Are we going to need a special page to list each MLO and their Unique Identifier?

Return to Top
#1532847 - 04/07/11 05:41 PM Re: Providing NMLS ID # Queen Mum
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
You don't HAVE to put it on your website. That was just an example of one way to make the numbers available. If you want to put them on your website, then you can do it however you want.

The easiest way to make the numbers available is to provide a list upon request. Less maintenance when you have turnover, etc. And of course the individual MLOs need to give their individual number out however, you prescribe (business card, signature lines, etc).

Your list of officers with an email link wouldn't need the number as the officer has not yet acted as an MLO.
Last edited by Dani York; 04/07/11 05:42 PM.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett