Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1526654 - 03/24/11 06:43 PM MLO Attestation
Ninky Offline
Gold Star
Ninky
We have only registered our institution so far, but we will process by the institution completing and paying for the MU4R. Question: Does the registry send the attestation to the MLO by EMail to sign off on? or Does it EMail the institution with the attestation if submitted by the instituion? Then, does the MLO log-in to the registry to sign/authorize? Is this a total electronic process?

Return to Top
S.A.F.E. Act Forum
#1526682 - 03/24/11 07:02 PM Re: MLO Attestation Ninky
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
We registered our institution. We then had the MLOs complete the MU4R form and SAFE Act Officer input them into the system. He then clicked on a button and an email gets sent to the MLO asking him/her to perform the attestation. The MLO then logs in to click on the button to perform the attestation. Completely electronic, but you do have to let the MLOs know that they are going to get an id/password from the NMLS system and what they need to do afterwards.

Return to Top
#1526777 - 03/24/11 08:46 PM Re: MLO Attestation Doug Hendrickson
Ninky Offline
Gold Star
Ninky
Thank you so much for clarifying this! Very helpful!

Return to Top
#1526904 - 03/25/11 02:08 AM Re: MLO Attestation Ninky
Sheldon Hendrix Offline
Diamond Poster
Sheldon Hendrix
South
We are about to sbumit the MU4R's, and they will then have to attest. At what point do they need to schedule themselves for figerprinting?
Last edited by Compliance Rules; 03/25/11 02:09 AM.
Return to Top
#1526935 - 03/25/11 12:47 PM Re: MLO Attestation Sheldon Hendrix
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
They will get an email once everything else is done. Supposedly the email tells them to schedule, but it doesn't. They will have to log back in and click the fingerprinting link. I believe the email gets sent to them after the bank submits (you submit it again after they attest) and pays for the filing. And if I remember correctly, the "fingerprinting" email is sent after overnight processing of the last submission.

Return to Top
#1539826 - 04/22/11 07:29 PM Re: MLO Attestation Dani York, CRCM
complygirl Offline
Platinum Poster
midwest
This is all very useful information to me as I am currently completing the MU4Rs for each MLO and requesting attestation from them. I've read that they will be notified via email regarding the request to attest to the information entered. How quickly is this email sent? Does it all happen the same day (request attestation by admin and email notification to each MLO)? And information on this would be appreciated.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett