Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1527108 - 03/25/11 03:53 PM Question for Compliance Officers
Runnin' on Empty Offline
100 Club
In addition to my compliance audits, my current Supervisor (Internal Auditor) wants me to assign the response to each recommendation made to the appropriate employee/manager at our bank and then track and document their individual responses,date received, etc. on a tracking spreadsheet. It's not a bad idea but it's very time consuming. My bank's asset size if $430 million.

What are your responsibilities for tracking responses to recommendations made in compliance audits completed by you?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1527112 - 03/25/11 03:55 PM Re: Question for Compliance Officers Runnin' on Empty
Georgia Plum
Unregistered

I track them to make sure any deficiencies are corrected. I just use an excel spreadsheet.

Return to Top
#1527134 - 03/25/11 04:29 PM Re: Question for Compliance Officers
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
I also use an Excel spreadsheet.

Return to Top
#1527166 - 03/25/11 05:05 PM Re: Question for Compliance Officers Doug Hendrickson
Tater Offline
Platinum Poster
Missouri
We use Excel as well for tracking.

Loan Review, HMDA, ALLL

Opinions are my own and do not reflect any others

Return to Top
#1527185 - 03/25/11 05:42 PM Re: Question for Compliance Officers Tater
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
Compliance tracks every reponse for compliance reviews, as well as internal audits and regulatory exams.

Return to Top
#1527235 - 03/25/11 06:19 PM Re: Question for Compliance Officers BrendaC
Jerseygirl Offline
Platinum Poster
Jersey Shore
We only track responses where the corrective action wasn't taken, noted in the report response and reviewed. We are always asked for tracking reports by our examiners (OCC). I use excel.
I only update it monthly for the reports issued.

Return to Top
#1527580 - 03/28/11 03:34 PM Re: Question for Compliance Officers Jerseygirl
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
We track all, on a spreadsheet and review the document each month at compliance committee.

Return to Top
#1531466 - 04/05/11 03:13 PM Re: Question for Compliance Officers P*Q
Southern gal Offline
Platinum Poster
TN
I also track both audits and compliance using spreadsheet, report quarterly to Board.

Return to Top
#1532399 - 04/06/11 07:29 PM Re: Question for Compliance Officers Southern gal
MDShoregirl Offline
We were "strongly" urged to implement a tracking log for both our internal audits and compliance audits (despite the fact that we have a very effect system to follow up on audit responses)by the examiners. This is frankly a tool for them to use. For us it just means another layer of unnecessary documentation. Two of us talked until we were blue to try to get the examiners to understand that we don't need a tracking log to adequatly followup. And they found no problems with our current methods to start with. But their mindset can apparently only be satisfied with a spreadsheet. Whatever! We now complete this stupid log about 5 seconds before they show up. Gotta make them happy!

Our bank is approx. the same size as the orginal post. We have a three person internal audit department within an 8 branch bank.

Return to Top
#1532715 - 04/07/11 02:44 PM Re: Question for Compliance Officers MDShoregirl
pacar Offline
Gold Star
I use MS Access to track everything. With it's enhanced reporting and query features, I can easily pull exactly the information I need every time. This is reviewed quarterly by Audit Committee and Board. I also refer to it when doing the next batch of audits in any given area...I see what the department said they were going to do and then incorporate a verification in the next audit.

Return to Top