Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1528795 - 03/30/11 02:49 PM Safe Deposit Boxes
Sally52 Offline
In the 90-day notice in the case of a branch closing, is there a required time limit to give the customer to remove the contents of his/her safe deposit box? Is "within 30 days prior to the closing date" and that date listed sufficient?

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#1529249 - 03/31/11 02:29 AM Re: Safe Deposit Boxes Sally52
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Safe deposit box rules are found at the State law level.

Return to Top
#1529560 - 03/31/11 04:27 PM Re: Safe Deposit Boxes rlcarey
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
If the boxes are to be relocated to another bank office, that is disclosed; however, the actual date of the relocation is generally NOT disclosed for security reasons. A date is given as a deadline for removing contents or after a certain date the boxes will be located at XXX. Sometime during the interim, the boxes will be relocated.

We used to give a year's rent free as compensation for the customer's inconvenience.

Return to Top
#1529791 - 03/31/11 06:37 PM Re: Safe Deposit Boxes BrendaC
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
"If the boxes are to be relocated to another bank office, that is disclosed; however, the actual date of the relocation is generally NOT disclosed for security reasons."

Like I said, check your State law because that is not what is required in Texas. You have to tell them exactly when the relocation is to occur unless the move is under emgergency conditions.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett