BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#153286 - 01/26/04 04:26 AM High School Reunion
GreatBlue Offline
Diamond Poster
GreatBlue
Colorado
I'm helping plan my 20 year high school reunion and I'm wondering if any of you have any stories to share. Anything that you really enjoyed? Anything you thought was really dumb?

Return to Top
#153287 - 01/26/04 05:10 AM Re: High School Reunion
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Our tenth reunion was a blast. We had an afternoon get together for families, you know, show off your kids/pets time! It was so awesome to see how much our kids looked like us, and we all had a ball playing everything from football, softball, basketball, horseshoes, (sometimes with family teams and somtimes it was kids vs. parents (my particular favorite)...with the little ones playing in a huge sandbox at the Park we chose.

Evening we hired a trolley to take us to 5 sets of parents, who fed us appetizers thru dinner at each progessive stop, and it was wonderful to see our friends parents. These same parents offered us all free babysitting for the parent only part of the evening! We ended at the place we held our Junior Prom. The centerpieces were yearbooks, and the walls were covered with collages of pictures from HS of us all that several people had agreed to make and bring. We had a DJ that played all the music from our 'glory days', we danced, a few brave members even did the limbo, and generally had a blast.

It's sad that we didn't have a 20th. There were only 33 in my graduating class, and man, have we scattered to the furthest corners of the world.

Return to Top
#153288 - 01/26/04 02:32 PM Re: High School Reunion
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, only 33 people in a graduating class. Considering that some probably didn't come to the reunion, that leaves you with about enough for a backyard barbecue.

Return to Top
#153289 - 01/26/04 02:45 PM Re: High School Reunion
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Quote:

Wow, only 33 people in a graduating class. Considering that some probably didn't come to the reunion, that leaves you with about enough for a backyard barbecue.

At that time, we were only missing 3. One was in Japan, one was in Whales, and one was in Arizona(lost in Marijuanaville.... )

Return to Top
#153290 - 01/26/04 02:45 PM Re: High School Reunion
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I'm having my 25th high school reunion this summer and I'm looking forward to it, although I had a slightly larger graduating class than Elena. We had 512 graduates.

Return to Top
#153291 - 01/26/04 02:58 PM Re: High School Reunion
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I had mine 2 years ago. One of the cool things the organizers did was to create name tags with scanned yearbook pictures.
Of course, it was cute and depressing all at the same time!

Return to Top
#153292 - 01/26/04 03:25 PM Re: High School Reunion
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Quote:

Yeah, I went to a small (210 kids grades 7-12) Catholic Prep School, uniforms and all....HATED IT for awhile, but when I hit college, boy was I grateful for the education. I was in lecture halls with 200 students, and the majority didn't have a clue how to really take notes! "Thank you Margie Harbor, ye taught me well....." BTW, we hung out so much with the kids a year below us, we had a combined reunion. It was actually their 10th, and our 11th. It was great though. When you go to a school as small as the one I did, you really do know EVERYBODY.

Return to Top
#153293 - 01/26/04 03:42 PM Re: High School Reunion
Patsy Cline Offline
Diamond Poster
Patsy Cline
On the road...
I am getting ready for my 20th! You know... dieting since January 1st.

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?" ~ unknown

Return to Top
#153294 - 01/26/04 03:56 PM Re: High School Reunion
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
There were only 14 in my graduating class. We did not have a reunion for our 10th. No one wanted to get together. Sad, huh?

Return to Top
#153295 - 01/26/04 04:07 PM Re: High School Reunion
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Yeah, Angie, kinda sad. But if you're like me, you have kept in touch with the special people in your life anyway.

Return to Top
#153296 - 01/26/04 04:37 PM Re: High School Reunion
OkieOps Offline
Platinum Poster
OkieOps
OK
There were 455 in my class. So far we have had a 10th, a 15th, a 20th and there is talk of a 25th! It sure is great to see those people after all this time.

Return to Top
#153297 - 01/26/04 04:42 PM Re: High School Reunion
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

There were only 14 in my graduating class.

Gee, with only 14, it's a shame a reunion couldn't occur. You could have rented a minivan and had enough seats for everyone.

Return to Top
#153298 - 01/26/04 05:13 PM Re: High School Reunion
KK Offline
100 Club
KK
Southern California
At our 20th we did the picture on name badges (helped to try and put a face with the name). We also put together a scrapbook of pictures (family or individual) and a short summary of "what have you been up to".

Return to Top
#153299 - 01/26/04 05:45 PM Re: High School Reunion
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
my ten year is next year. we had a class of about 300, i'm looking forward to it, it seems like it can't have been that long since i was in high school!

Return to Top
#153300 - 01/26/04 05:51 PM Re: High School Reunion
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
I graduated from a class of 54. Our 20th was a blast, we did the picture name tag thing, had a picnic, golfed and had a banquet. This year will be my 25th but I haven't heard so I guess we're not having one. Some of the other classes have combined reunions and that would be fun, too.

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
#153301 - 01/26/04 07:50 PM Re: High School Reunion
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Quote:

Quote:

There were only 14 in my graduating class.

Gee, with only 14, it's a shame a reunion couldn't occur. You could have rented a minivan and had enough seats for everyone.

We had 15 and have never had a reunion in 30 years. We have had all school reunions every few years and we see each other and some of the ones in classes above and below us which is neat. The first all school we had there were 12 out of our class that attended. A lot of us are still around and those that aren't either wouldn't come or are so far away they can't. So there really isn't any need. Sad, huh?

Return to Top
#153302 - 01/26/04 08:08 PM Re: High School Reunion
GreatBlue Offline
Diamond Poster
GreatBlue
Colorado
My class only had 41, so we'll be doing really well to have 50 people total attend. A lot of us are still in town, so I think we'll have decent turnout.

The name tag idea is good. I hadn't heard of that, but I think we will do that.

Return to Top
#153303 - 01/26/04 10:49 PM Re: High School Reunion
Anonymous
Unregistered

We had a class of 942 - my 10 year was so good I don't remember much; 20 year was okay but not as good as 10. Best part is just seeing the people you actually have not seen in 10 years.

Return to Top
#153304 - 01/27/04 02:27 AM Re: High School Reunion
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
942 I think that's larger than my college graduating class!!!

Return to Top
#153305 - 01/27/04 12:04 PM Re: High School Reunion
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Dave - where have you been? We've been so worried.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett