Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1533637 - 04/08/11 09:49 PM NMLS # on broker loans
Will B Offline
Gold Star
How should a creditor handle the NMLS Identifier number on correspondence if the application was received from a broker? If you send the documents to the broker so they can provide them to the borrower will you treat them as being from the broker? If you send any written correspondence directly to the borrower will it show the NMLS identifier number from your own employee?

Return to Top
S.A.F.E. Act Forum
#1534845 - 04/13/11 02:27 PM Re: NMLS # on broker loans Will B
Will B Offline
Gold Star
Bump!

Someone must be working on this. Or do you only send correspondence, including revised GFE's and TILs, o the broker for them to provide to the borrower?

Return to Top
#1535037 - 04/13/11 04:51 PM Re: NMLS # on broker loans Will B
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
We don't deal with brokering, but the way I understand the purpose of the NMLS # is so that the consumer can make an educated choice about what MLO they want to use. The consumer can check up on the person they are dealing with to make sure they are comfortable with their experience, affiliations, etc. So with that understanding, I would include the NMLS # of the MLO who is communicating with the customer. Who is the customer going to call to ask questions, etc? If you are mailing correspondence directly, whose name are you putting on the correspondence? If someone from your insitution, then use their NMLS #.

Hope that helps.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett