Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1537251 - 04/19/11 02:01 PM Business Days RESPA vs. Reg. Z
dwedding Offline
100 Club
During a recent independent audit, we were cited as non-compliant with the GFE Important Dates section #2 for the bank not properly calculating 10 business days during October because we added Columbus Day as a business day. The bank was open for business on Columbus Day, however they are claiming non-compliance based on Reg. Z. Is this accurate? When I look to the definition under RESPA I don't agree.

Return to Top
RESPA
#1537321 - 04/19/11 03:13 PM Re: Business Days RESPA vs. Reg. Z dwedding
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Reg Z definitions and RESPA def's are not the same. Even Reg Z only counts Federal Holidays for certain sections of the reg, such as ROR.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1537361 - 04/19/11 03:42 PM Re: Business Days RESPA vs. Reg. Z RR Joker
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Quote:
Even Reg Z only counts Federal Holidays for certain sections of the reg, such as ROR.

Reg Z excludes Sundays and Federal Holidays as business days from the ROR even if the FI is open. See 226.2(a)(6) and its Commentary.

Return to Top
#1537394 - 04/19/11 04:04 PM Re: Business Days RESPA vs. Reg. Z Dan Persfull
dwedding Offline
100 Club
I understand the Reg. Z issues under 226.(2)(a)(6), my point is this shouldn't apply to the definition of business days for the GFE Important Dates section, right?

Return to Top
#1537423 - 04/19/11 04:24 PM Re: Business Days RESPA vs. Reg. Z dwedding
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
As I read the quote above it is saying Reg Z includes (counts) Federal Holidays for the ROR when it doesn't.

I just wanted to clarify that Reg Z excludes them from the ROR so someone would not take away any misinformation.

RESPA does not exclude Sundays and Federal Holidays in its definition of a business day with the exception found in 3500.7 for the timing of when a GFE is received when mailed in place of providing it face to face.

Return to Top
#1537599 - 04/19/11 07:01 PM Re: Business Days RESPA vs. Reg. Z Dan Persfull
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Originally Posted By: Dan Persfull
Quote:
Even Reg Z only counts Federal Holidays for certain sections of the reg, such as ROR.

Reg Z excludes Sundays and Federal Holidays as business days from the ROR even if the FI is open. See 226.2(a)(6) and its Commentary.

Maybe I worded my comment poorly...but it says Regulation Z only considers Federal holidays for certain sections of the reg...(ROR, for example) Other sections would count them only if you are closed.

Last edited by RR Suzy; 04/19/11 07:01 PM.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top

Moderator:  QCL