Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1540735 - 04/26/11 02:35 PM LLC with multiple JTOs? Is this acceptable?
CompliKat Offline
CompliKat
We have an LLC account that has been set up on our system with the LLC as the sole owner, and the members each listed as a JTO. There is also one signer on the account. I am attempting to file a CTR and am not sure exactly who the beneficiarie(s) should be.... The LLC or the LLC and the JTOs. I'm not sure this account was set up properly and since I am not in New Accounts. Enlighten me please!

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1540749 - 04/26/11 02:44 PM Re: LLC with multiple JTOs? Is this acceptable? CompliKat
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
JTO? I need clarification.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1540775 - 04/26/11 03:01 PM Re: LLC with multiple JTOs? Is this acceptable? Kathleen O. Blanchard
CompliKat Offline
CompliKat
Joint Tenants, Sorry

Return to Top
#1540779 - 04/26/11 03:05 PM Re: LLC with multiple JTOs? Is this acceptable? CompliKat
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
Members are just that - members. They are not joint owners. The LLC is a separate legal entity.

There are occasions when a business might be in a joint relationship, but this is not one of them.

Return to Top
#1541379 - 04/27/11 01:00 PM Re: LLC with multiple JTOs? Is this acceptable? BrendaC
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
One LLC (LLC A) can be a member of another LLC (LLC B), with or without other members. But those other members would not properly be joint owners of the LLC B account. LLC B owns the account, period, and the members of LLC B own LLC B.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top