Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1493579 - 01/11/11 10:42 PM Check Limits
one auditor Offline
100 Club
Midwest
I am examining the limits of authorized check signers and have discovered some have unlimited approval authority. This concerns me as no employee, in my opinion, should have unlimited authority. I would be interested in what others think on this and how to place limits, i.e, controls for secondary approvals, on employees such as the CEO, and others who have this blanket authority. Thank you.

Return to Top
Audit
#1540902 - 04/26/11 05:05 PM Re: Check Limits one auditor
MTW75 Offline
Lexington, Kentucky
My preference is to require dual signatures. You will get some resistence to this from locations with limited staff, so threshholds are sometimes necessary (dual signatures required on all checks greater than $10,000, for example).

Return to Top
#1541003 - 04/26/11 05:57 PM Re: Check Limits MTW75
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
No one here has unlimited authority - if the check amount exceeds the highest limit option, it requires two officers of the bank to sign.

Return to Top
#1541196 - 04/26/11 08:32 PM Re: Check Limits RBanker
Happy Drugs Offline
Platinum Poster
Happy Drugs
Central Texas
We have certain officers who are authorized to sign, then once it hits 25,000.00 or great it requires to officers signatures. We do not allow our loan officers or loan assistants who may have an officer title authorization because they produce so many checks for loan customers!! Our president cannot sign because he is also a loan officer. We keep it pretty tight on them.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z