Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1541532 - 04/27/11 02:32 PM Ins. Agency depositing checks payable to other co
Lilly C Offline
100 Club
Lilly C
Sunny Florida
We have a customer that is an Insurance agency and they are using our remote capture services. In reviewing deposits we recently found that they are depositing checks payable to another insurance agency. We contacted them and they do not care to open a separate account but would like to continue making the deposits into one account. This is not a dba but they are saying they can do this for tax reasons. My questions is.. what kind of form or agreement can we request from them to document that they can legally continue to do this? the signature agreement on file is between the bank and the initial Insurance agency no other and I am concern that if any checks get returned we could be liable or if we receive a subpoena or court order it may appear as if we do not do business with companies when we are allowing their checks to get negotiated....mmmmm?

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#1541624 - 04/27/11 03:23 PM Re: Ins. Agency depositing checks payable to other co Lilly C
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
Would you let them do this at your branch?

Our customers would get a stern warning based on this type of activity - second strike and we delete the deposit and provide them a second, written stern warning, third strike and we will cut them off. Since our RDC is a high risk product/service, we don't mess around.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett