Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1545495 - 05/04/11 04:15 PM BOARD OF DIRECTORS TRAINING
Love Cruising Offline
100 Club
I will be putting together a training for the BOD, I've been asked to not expand too much. I'm going to include ECOA, Flood, Reg O, CRA. I would like to hear from others as to what they are doing for training. I don't cover BSA, that is covered by our BSA Officer.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1545515 - 05/04/11 04:28 PM Re: BOARD OF DIRECTORS TRAINING Love Cruising
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
I try to limit my powerpoint presentation to a few key areas. I give a recap of the key points of the regulation, what examiners/auditors have found in our shop, and what we are currently doing to resolve those issues and/or prevent new ones.

Return to Top
#1545547 - 05/04/11 04:42 PM Re: BOARD OF DIRECTORS TRAINING Love Cruising
Reads Regs Offline
Diamond Poster
I would include information about recent enforcement actions taken by your bank's regulator or by others. For example, let them know about some of the recent CMPs for flood insurance violations. http://www.bankersonline.com/compliance/floodcmps.html

For CRA, let them know the consequences of getting a less than satisfactory rating.

Would you consider covering TILA and RESPA? Are they aware of all the changes pending as a result of Dodd Frank?

Return to Top
#1545558 - 05/04/11 04:52 PM Re: BOARD OF DIRECTORS TRAINING Reads Regs
Love Cruising Offline
100 Club
I was, but believe it or not, our bank has been more international and we hardly have any loans that are applicable. WE have been opened for about 10 years to 12 years and may have 10 RESPA applicable loans.

Return to Top
#1545563 - 05/04/11 04:55 PM Re: BOARD OF DIRECTORS TRAINING Love Cruising
Love Cruising Offline
100 Club
I forgot, my BOD receive a monthly compliance newsletter that I issue and I try to cover all the new proposal and final rulings. Ao in a away they get some king of training on a monthly basis.

Return to Top