Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1556840 - 05/25/11 10:33 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... Truffle Royale
~MunQue~ Offline
Platinum Poster
~MunQue~
HERE! I'm here!
I'm just ready to see some water, it hasn't rained her at all this year, not one little drop.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1556846 - 05/25/11 10:55 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... ~MunQue~
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
I am taking my kids to Orlando for the last two weeks of June. Rented a house there with a pool at a great rate since I did it in October. The house comes with a game room and we plan on taking a couple of day trips over to the beach. I am so excited, maybe even more so than the kids.

Return to Top
#1556915 - 05/26/11 12:49 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... kms
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Going to the Outer Banks in September with hubby (25th wedding anniv)for one week. Rented an oceanfront home. Can't wait...well I can wait because I don't want summer (when it gets here) to ever end.

Next year hoping the family, and kids, grandkids go back to Outer Banks in June.

That's all. I love being at home when I am not working. That's my vaca spot.

Return to Top
#1556925 - 05/26/11 01:07 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... Truffle Royale
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
No trip....but I am taking a few days off of work. I have comp time and I'm using it.......I was off Tuesday, sick...went to Seminar on Wednesday....Now today, tomorrow and Monday are my "get away time".......

Return to Top
#1556957 - 05/26/11 01:47 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... MidwestCFE
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Originally Posted By: MidwestCFE
I've been looning on VRBO and trip advisor, expedia, orbitz but have yet to find any timeshares for cheap. Although, "cheap", like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Is it possible to get on a beach for less than $1500 per week ?

Look for last minute deals. Example:

PANAMA CITY BEACH May 28-June 4 $700 2 bedroom
2 bedroom condo at The Landmark. Oceanfront. $700 firm. (Pay Pal)
Full kitchen, washer & dryer.
We had a last minute change of plans.

I found this today on http://tugbbs.com/forums/, the Timeshare Users Group.
Last edited by KFitz; 05/26/11 01:47 PM.

Return to Top
#1557214 - 05/26/11 04:41 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... MyBrainHurts
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
As long as we're talking vacations, I know of no better way to relieve the stress of bank exams, etc. than drinking your way around the world. Not the entire planet, of course, just the World at EPCOT. My wife and I made a brave attempt at this a few years ago during the EPCOT Wine and Food Festival in the Fall. We did a few rides in Future World in the morning, then headed into the World Showcase in the afternoon, staying until after the fireworks at night. We were a bit wobbly by then.

Here's a great article on how to drink your way around the World, including training tips, expected costs, and where to find the best drinks. Cheers.

http://www.easywdw.com/category/adults/drinking-adults/

Return to Top
#1557392 - 05/26/11 06:50 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... MyBrainHurts
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I like the way Fitz plans....last time there I didn't make it out of Germany....first time, didn't make it out of France..

Return to Top
#1557470 - 05/26/11 07:57 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... Pale Rider
Loralie Offline
100 Club
Loralie
IL
Assuming my head doesn't explode and I don't kill him before then, my BF and I both have a week in August off. Not much planned, a day trip here, a day there. Mostly just stay home and not have to deal with work. smile

can't afford to go anywhere anyway. can barely afford to stay home.

Return to Top
#1557478 - 05/26/11 08:07 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... Loralie
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: Loralie
Assuming my head doesn't explode and I don't kill him before then, my BF and I both have a week in August off. Not much planned, a day trip here, a day there. Mostly just stay home and not have to deal with work. smile

Does DIP know about you and BF? laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#1557516 - 05/26/11 08:39 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... pjs
MidwestCFE Offline
Platinum Poster
MidwestCFE
wish it was the Smoky Mountain...
Originally Posted By: pjs
Going to the Outer Banks in September with hubby (25th wedding anniv)for one week. Rented an oceanfront home. Can't wait...well I can wait because I don't want summer (when it gets here) to ever end.

Next year hoping the family, and kids, grandkids go back to Outer Banks in June.

That's all. I love being at home when I am not working. That's my vaca spot.

what or where is Outer Banks ?

Return to Top
#1557525 - 05/26/11 08:44 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... MidwestCFE
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I think it is NC

CAMS

Return to Top
#1557533 - 05/26/11 08:53 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... edAudit
Loralie Offline
100 Club
Loralie
IL
Originally Posted By: EdAudit
Originally Posted By: Loralie

Does DIP know about you and BF? laugh

lol- Shoot! That was a slip... Sorry Dip, You were never supposed to find out this way!! smile

Return to Top
#1557545 - 05/26/11 09:11 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... Loralie
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
are there any outer banks in Lake Erie?

Return to Top
#1557548 - 05/26/11 09:14 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... Loralie
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Quote:
what or where is Outer Banks ?

The Outer Banks are little thin islands along the coast of North Carolina. They are just beautiful. Beaches, and grassy dunes, and waves and birds. Ocracoke Island, accessible only by boat, is very unspoiled. It was the home of Blackbeard, the pirate.

In the North is Kitty Hawk, where the Wright Brothers flew. There are beautiful lighthouses, like the one at Hatteras.

Lots of vacation rentals and hotels, and of course the restaurants all feature seafood.

Return to Top
#1557554 - 05/26/11 09:20 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... MyBrainHurts
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
I'm looking forward to the next 4 days off. For now anyway.

I have 2 weeks off during the summer and for the first time, I have absolutely no plans yet. Not much money to do anything this year....I'll still take the time off and I guess relax and have some time out in the water.

Return to Top
#1557569 - 05/26/11 09:52 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... bOaty
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Here's a timely article:

Why is America a "no-vacation" nation

And here I thought time spent in the Cooler WAS my vacation.

Last edited by Princess Romeo; 05/26/11 09:53 PM.

Return to Top
#1557573 - 05/26/11 09:58 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... Mrs. Rizzo
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward
Originally Posted By: Rizzo
I'm so excited about just having Monday off that I could pee my pants.

I have an 80 pack of potty pads if you need one, Rizzo.....

Return to Top
#1557602 - 05/26/11 11:39 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... Princess Romeo
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
Originally Posted By: Princess Romeo
Here's a timely article:

Why is America a "no-vacation" nation

And here I thought time spent in the Cooler WAS my vacation.

Very good article. Thx for sharing.

Return to Top
#1557608 - 05/27/11 01:25 AM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... Bacon Boy
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
From the article above:
Quote:
Only 57% of U.S. workers use up all of the days they're entitled to, compared with 89% of workers in France, a recent Reuters/Ipsos poll found.
This is just wrong on so many levels!

My husband's company doesn't like their employees carrying over their vacation. One year, in November, they told him he had four weeks to use or lose. His response "Great! See you next year." was met with a 'wait a minute...maybe we can make an exception and let you carry most of it over.' crazy

Return to Top
#1557627 - 05/27/11 03:40 AM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... Truffle Royale
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward
Sounds like me...carrying over 5 weeks before "I use it or lose it (and that's just to drop me down to 80 hours before the 10/1 cut off period.)" Maybe I'll take tomorrow off... And the month of August when the examiners are in....

Return to Top
#1557631 - 05/27/11 05:37 AM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... 'Lil Freak!
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
I wound up taking a lot of Friday-Monday days off to try and use up vacation time so I wouldn't lose it. Our family manages 1 "big" vacation about every 5 to 7 years. It's not the money so much but the time and effort to "get away" for more than a couple of days.

I find that if I can't get two weeks in a row, it's too exhausting to try to go anywhere for more than 2 or 3 days between trying to get stuff cleared up at work before leaving, then packing and running errands to stop the mail, set up the automatic lights to turn on and off while we're gone, drop cats/dogs at the boarding facilities, then the travel time there and back, unpacking, retrieving mail, retrieving animals, and going back to work to a bigger mess than when I left.

It's too much to try and do that ever year, so most years we just do a staycation where we do overdue projects and home and maybe do a day trip someplace local.

Oh man imagine - 6 weeks to leisurely go somewhere and take soak up the locale and not try to do much but enjoy being someplace other than home. What a dream!

Return to Top
#1557754 - 05/27/11 02:23 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... Princess Romeo
MidwestCFE Offline
Platinum Poster
MidwestCFE
wish it was the Smoky Mountain...
from all the booked houses/hotels/condos in Florida for all of June, July & Aug, I find it hard to believe we're a no vacation nation.maybe a "don't take enough vacation".

Return to Top
#1562348 - 06/08/11 08:07 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... MidwestCFE
Heather301, CRCM Offline
100 Club
We are set to go on vacation in 17 days! I am so excited! We are staying at The Beach Club in Fort Morgan Alabama. I absolutely love it there! We try to go there each summer for a week. It really isn't that expensive compared to all of the ammenities - 6 pools, tennis courts, restaurant, and private beach. If you look on VRBO you can find some really good rates. It is 10 minutes from Gulf Shores/Orange Beach. Just got through with an exam and need a vacation! LOL!

Return to Top
#1562371 - 06/08/11 08:24 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... Truffle Royale
CarolinaComplian Offline
good ol south
Going to Myrtle Beach at the end of JULY... Cannot wait. I'm just want to get out of this 4 wall room with no windows!

Return to Top
#1562374 - 06/08/11 08:22 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... CarolinaComplian
BSABecky Offline
100 Club
BSABecky
Seymour, IN USA
Due to my upcoming job relocation (it's relocating without me), I only have 4 days to use before September 2nd that are paid. I think the furthest we can get away from home (Columbus, Indiana) is in southern Michigan for a long weekend.

I do so need a break from all this stress!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3