Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1555744 - 05/24/11 02:16 PM anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet...
MidwestCFE Offline
Platinum Poster
MidwestCFE
wish it was the Smoky Mountain...
too dang busy to take the time to plan one..which only causes more of a need for vacation??? a vicious cycle of vacation envy going on...I hate when work interrupts my social life...if someone would like to plan a Florida/Gulf shores area beach vacation for me, I'd really appreciate it..on the beach & don't want to spend an arm and a leg...that's all...:)

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1555745 - 05/24/11 02:19 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... MidwestCFE
DEL Offline
Platinum Poster
Maine
I definitely need one but have been too busy to take one. When I have had a week, it's been to take care of relatives, etc. - which is good and certainly takes my mind off work, but doesn't give that good kick-back relaxation you get from a good stretch of doing not much!

Return to Top
#1555863 - 05/24/11 04:09 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... DEL
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Not too dang busy... Too dang broke.

Return to Top
#1555881 - 05/24/11 04:27 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... Ops
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
The wonderful thing about motorcycles...vacation is just outside my door! We will hit the roads over Memorial Day weekend, rack up about 1500 miles and have a blast for next to nuthin'! I highly recommend it! laugh

Return to Top
#1555892 - 05/24/11 04:36 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... MidwestCFE
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
Originally Posted By: MidwestCFE
too dang busy to take the time to plan one..which only causes more of a need for vacation??? a vicious cycle of vacation envy going on...I hate when work interrupts my social life...if someone would like to plan a Florida/Gulf shores area beach vacation for me, I'd really appreciate it..on the beach & don't want to spend an arm and a leg...that's all...:)

For what it's worth, in a couple of weeks I promise to drink an extra margarita on the beach at Gulf Shores in your honor. I'll be happy to send pictures as well so that you may vicariously enjoy the scenery. And don't worry, we didn't have to spend an arm and a leg on our condo.

(I'm not really helping, am I? Sorry! wink )

Return to Top
#1555895 - 05/24/11 04:38 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... Ops
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
We travel a few times a year. Kids grown, no pets to worry about, no other expensive habits, so we travel. Planning trips is almost a hobby for me. I have a two week trip to Ireland mapped out in my head, even though with the euro exchange rate we can't afford it. I'll keep it on the shelf as my bucket list trip.

Midwest, give me your budget and I'll plan your trip. If you don't want a hotel room, I know a guy with a condo for rent on Mexico Beach, Florida. And there's loads of timeshare owners looking to rent cheap just to cover their annual fees.

Return to Top
#1556003 - 05/24/11 06:14 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... MyBrainHurts
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
last day at work -thursday - off to P'cola for a family celebration - will be in Costa Rica Monday night for 2 solid weeks of stress relief! After our extended fair lending/CRA/compliance exam from the lower regions of a place where it is very very hot, I NEED IT!!!

Need to recharge and get ready for the whirlwind of changes headed our way. KFitz, you know the planning is half the fun!

P.S. - its not that expensive......
Last edited by waldensouth; 05/24/11 06:14 PM.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1556027 - 05/24/11 06:53 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... waldensouth
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
Have fun in CR. Enjoy your time off!

Return to Top
#1556035 - 05/24/11 07:09 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... Bagweaver
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
A friend of mine went to Costa Rica a few months ago and posted pics on facebook. It is a beautiful country. Lush and floral, beautiful ocean views.

Return to Top
#1556041 - 05/24/11 07:14 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... MyBrainHurts
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
I am soooo ready for a vacation!!! I was just telling a co-worker this yesterday!

Going to Vegas in June for a few days with my SIL. That should be fun. Then I have a week off in July, looking forward to that as well . . . no real plans for that week yet, just family time and time away from work!!!

Return to Top
#1556048 - 05/24/11 07:23 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... Bones
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Boss told me today I should take a vacation...but not until after examiners have been and gone. That means I'm here till mid July. frown So please, all y'all have one on whatever beach for me.

Return to Top
#1556049 - 05/24/11 07:23 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... Bones
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
Our annual trip out West is planned for Sept, but we will hopefully work in a long weekend before then. May depend on whether my bank announces it has been sold. According to the rumor mill, that announcement is coming soon.

Return to Top
#1556072 - 05/24/11 08:04 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... BrendaC
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Good luck with that, Brenda.

Return to Top
#1556083 - 05/24/11 08:13 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... Ops
Happy Drugs Offline
Platinum Poster
Happy Drugs
Central Texas
What is this strange thing you talk of vacation. Is it a commune, is it legal...I have never heard such things as has been said here!!!!

Return to Top
#1556514 - 05/25/11 05:20 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... Ops
madukes Offline
Diamond Poster
madukes
Flyers Country
Originally Posted By: Ops
Not too dang busy... Too dang broke.

<----too broke AND too busy

Return to Top
#1556660 - 05/25/11 07:01 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... Bankbb1, PITA
MidwestCFE Offline
Platinum Poster
MidwestCFE
Originally Posted By: bankbb1
The wonderful thing about motorcycles...vacation is just outside my door! We will hit the roads over Memorial Day weekend, rack up about 1500 miles and have a blast for next to nuthin'! I highly recommend it! laugh

we have a motorcycle...maybe that will help to relax some...

Return to Top
#1556721 - 05/25/11 07:52 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... Bobby Boucher
MidwestCFE Offline
Platinum Poster
MidwestCFE
Originally Posted By: Bobby Boucher

For what it's worth, in a couple of weeks I promise to drink an extra margarita on the beach at Gulf Shores in your honor. I'll be happy to send pictures as well so that you may vicariously enjoy the scenery. And don't worry, we didn't have to spend an arm and a leg on our condo.

think of me while having one, but no salt! smile if you care to send me which condo it is, you could PM me.not that I would come stalk you, cuz I don't have time for that either...:)

Return to Top
#1556738 - 05/25/11 08:10 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... MyBrainHurts
MidwestCFE Offline
Platinum Poster
MidwestCFE
Originally Posted By: KFitz
We travel a few times a year. Kids grown, no pets to worry about, no other expensive habits, so we travel. Planning trips is almost a hobby for me. I have a two week trip to Ireland mapped out in my head, even though with the euro exchange rate we can't afford it. I'll keep it on the shelf as my bucket list trip.

Midwest, give me your budget and I'll plan your trip. If you don't want a hotel room, I know a guy with a condo for rent on Mexico Beach, Florida. And there's loads of timeshare owners looking to rent cheap just to cover their annual fees.

I've been looning on VRBO and trip advisor, expedia, orbitz but have yet to find any timeshares for cheap. Although, "cheap", like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Is it possible to get on a beach for less than $1500 per week ?

Return to Top
#1556747 - 05/25/11 08:20 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... MidwestCFE
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
Originally Posted By: Bobby Boucher

think of me while having one, but no salt! smile if you care to send me which condo it is, you could PM me.not that I would come stalk you, cuz I don't have time for that either...:)

No salt is fine, but don't dare ask for frozen! I will check with the wife and let you know (about the condo, not about stalking me).

Return to Top
#1556764 - 05/25/11 08:37 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... Bobby Boucher
~MunQue~ Offline
Platinum Poster
~MunQue~
HERE! I'm here!
I'm gonna be in FL in a couple weeks too (fort walton beach)! Mine is for work though, but my husband is coming so we'll make it into a vacation as much as possible. My hotel is on an island, so I will definitely drown myself in fruity drinks for you while enjoying the gulf views. Only on the weekend though, because I do still have to get up and go to freaking work.

Return to Top
#1556767 - 05/25/11 08:42 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... ~MunQue~
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
I'm so excited about just having Monday off that I could pee my pants.

Return to Top
#1556775 - 05/25/11 08:50 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... Mrs. Rizzo
chenin Offline
Diamond Poster
chenin
Leaving tomorrow for a 5 day cruise to Cozumel!!!!!!!!!! I am so darn excited I can't stand it! I need a vacation so badly!

Return to Top
#1556778 - 05/25/11 08:52 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... Mrs. Rizzo
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
I hear you, Rizzo. Although I'll be going back home to visit family in a month, I haven't taken any personal days since October and am fried. crazy

Return to Top
#1556810 - 05/25/11 09:24 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... Bacon Boy
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
I had to come back to work this week to have a vacation from my vacation! It was not the type of vacation I really needed!

Return to Top
#1556836 - 05/25/11 10:12 PM Re: anyone else desperately need a vacation and yet... ~MunQue~
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Originally Posted By: ~MunQue~
I'm gonna be in FL in a couple weeks too (fort walton beach)! Mine is for work though, but my husband is coming so we'll make it into a vacation as much as possible. My hotel is on an island, so I will definitely drown myself in fruity drinks for you while enjoying the gulf views. Only on the weekend though, because I do still have to get up and go to freaking work.
Work on a beach and you're complaining? crazy Work anywhere where it's warm and no tornadoes would be GREAT!!!

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3