Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1557037 - 05/26/11 03:07 PM GFE - Documenting "changed circumstances"
Dallas Fan Offline
100 Club
RIC
Some of the loan files I review for RESPA lack good evidence of the changed circumstance that led to a redisclosure of the GFE. While I can generally figure it out, I was wondering if any of you have implemented procedures to better document a changed circumstance requiring redisclosure. I have come across files where there were multiple re-disclosures. Its hard to follow. They all look legit after I figure out what happened but I think a document on the inside cover stating why the change occured would be helpful. Any comments or even forms would be appreciated.

Thanks

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1557145 - 05/26/11 04:06 PM Re: GFE - Documenting "changed circumstances" Dallas Fan
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
We have a flow sheet and on this sheet it is documented when the specific disclosure was provided and if it was mailed or provided in person. There is a "sub-line" titled Redisclosure which is to be completed with the date and how it was provided and why it was provided.

Return to Top
#1557150 - 05/26/11 04:07 PM Re: GFE - Documenting "changed circumstances" Dallas Fan
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
I've seen two different versions of forms.
The one I prefer has one CC to a page.
Borrower name:
Loan number:
Date of CC
A revised GFE is being issued due to the following changed circumstance:
___Borrower intiated request
___Rate intially floating and now locking
___Borrower intiated relock or extension with increased fee for extension
___new information unknown to originator at time of original GFE
___Other
Describe circumstance:

Estimates for the folloiwng charges are being revised:
Line # Description of fee previous estimate revised estimate

Another form I've seen has blocks for multiple CCs all on the same page. I don't care for it as much so I'm not coying it here. I like the first form because I can put it in front of the revised GFE in the file. Keeps all the info together.

Return to Top
#1557170 - 05/26/11 04:21 PM Re: GFE - Documenting "changed circumstances" Truffle Royale
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
We require a note to the 'notepad' of our LOS describing why they are issuing a GFE.

Our new LOS that we are going to actually requires the LO/processor to write a reason why a new GFE is being created before the system allows the new GFE to be generated.

That is a feature I am looking forward to.

Return to Top
#1557405 - 05/26/11 07:04 PM Re: GFE - Documenting "changed circumstances" #Just Jay
Dallas Fan Offline
100 Club
RIC
Good info. Thanks Guys!

Return to Top
#1557422 - 05/26/11 07:15 PM Re: GFE - Documenting "changed circumstances" #Just Jay
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Originally Posted By: Just Jay
We require a note to the 'notepad' of our LOS describing why they are issuing a GFE.

Our new LOS that we are going to actually requires the LO/processor to write a reason why a new GFE is being created before the system allows the new GFE to be generated.

That is a feature I am looking forward to.

We currently have this process.

Jay, I am wondering what is the name of your new software? I like the sound of that function.

Return to Top
#1557456 - 05/26/11 07:43 PM Re: GFE - Documenting "changed circumstances" DD Regs
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
I'll PM you.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z