Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1559929 - 06/02/11 08:54 PM And again - What is Wrong with People?
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
There's an article out of Louisville Kentucky about a couple that locked their 1 year old in the back seat of the car while they had a drink at a strip club - and he was wearing an ankle bracelet from a different county. It was 91 degrees in the car. The child is doing well.

What is wrong with people?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1559958 - 06/02/11 09:35 PM Re: And again - What is Wrong with People? Skittles
MidwestCFE Offline
Platinum Poster
MidwestCFE
wish it was the Smoky Mountain...
I read so much disturbing news over the weekend that I couldn't even begin to try to fathom what's wrong with people...
1.A 10 day old baby got thrown into the washer by the drugged up Mom..he died.She had other kids, that had been given back to her after being taken away for no fridge, no electric, no food, child seat belt violations, etc.
2. Police searched a home as the wife was a suspect in a home invasion of a neighbor.Found a 6 yr old girl chained in her crib (her crib at 6!), starving and..wait for it..eating her own flesh out of starvation...parents also had a dead girl buried in the yard, but a newborn boy was healthy.PD believe they only wanted boys.
3. A woman went to ER for stomach pains, hospital found she had given birth. PD went to the house & found dead baby full term in garbage bag on front porch.
I could go on but I won't...

Return to Top
#1559984 - 06/02/11 10:02 PM Re: And again - What is Wrong with People? MidwestCFE
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
This always brings me back to people should be required to get a license or something to bring a child into the world. I cannot even begin to fathom how they come to do these things to children.

Return to Top
#1560006 - 06/02/11 10:42 PM Re: And again - What is Wrong with People? kms
BSABecky Offline
100 Club
BSABecky
Seymour, IN USA
There's a reason I try to avoid the news. Stuff like this makes me so angry I can hardly see straight.

Return to Top
#1560008 - 06/02/11 11:02 PM Re: And again - What is Wrong with People? BSABecky
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
I really try to stay away from the news. I can't take all the bad stuff that goes on.

I will just live in happy lil MonkEE land.

Return to Top
#1560037 - 06/03/11 11:06 AM Re: And again - What is Wrong with People? cheekEE
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
frown

Return to Top
#1560041 - 06/03/11 11:33 AM Re: And again - What is Wrong with People? Retired DQ
NotPerfect Offline
Platinum Poster
Midwest
And my kids think I'm mean when I make them eat supper or clean up their toys!

I really do believe in a govermental program that would sterilizer certain individuals.

My friends took custody of their niece because mom was abusing her, not allow the child to have god hygine and other crazy stuff. Sad thing is, she has 2 more kids living with her.

Return to Top
#1560052 - 06/03/11 12:08 PM Re: And again - What is Wrong with People? NotPerfect
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Midwest - what horrible, horrible stories.

Return to Top
#1560385 - 06/03/11 05:05 PM Re: And again - What is Wrong with People? Skittles
StarryNight Offline
100 Club
USA
i used to work for child welfare, and i once came across and old form that was no longer used. it was something along the lines of a court order for sterilization or consent to sterilization. pretty useful form if you ask me!

Return to Top
#1561070 - 06/06/11 07:28 PM Re: And again - What is Wrong with People? StarryNight
madukes Offline
Diamond Poster
madukes
Flyers Country
Originally Posted By: StarryNight
i used to work for child welfare, and i once came across and old form that was no longer used. it was something along the lines of a court order for sterilization or consent to sterilization. pretty useful form if you ask me!

Yeah, but you know in this new era common sense would be a violation of their civil rights! Everyone else has so many rights these days that normal law abiding people have none!

Return to Top
#1561722 - 06/07/11 07:59 PM Re: And again - What is Wrong with People? madukes
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
Let's not violate anyone's right to have children. Never mind what they may be doing to that child(s)'s rights.

Thank goodness my granddaughter's birth mother knew that she wouldn't be able to care for her as she should and gave her up to someone who could. I thank her everyday for her gift.

Return to Top
#1561747 - 06/07/11 08:24 PM Re: And again - What is Wrong with People? Bagweaver
madukes Offline
Diamond Poster
madukes
Flyers Country
Originally Posted By: Bagweaver
Let's not violate anyone's right to have children. Never mind what they may be doing to that child(s)'s rights.

Thank goodness my granddaughter's birth mother knew that she wouldn't be able to care for her as she should and gave her up to someone who could. I thank her everyday for her gift.

My granddaughter's mother thinks she's Mother of the Year - far from it. Sad, but at least she doesn't bother with my granddaughter anymore and she is now pregnant with baby #4 with daddy #3.

Return to Top
#1562131 - 06/08/11 05:29 PM Re: And again - What is Wrong with People? madukes
BSABecky Offline
100 Club
BSABecky
Seymour, IN USA
Something new to add to this topic; a 12-year-old boy was beaten/kicked to death by his mother (a drug addict) for hiding her prescription pain medications from her. This happened about 20 miles from my hometown: http://www.therepublic.com/view/local_story/Autopsy_of_Greensburg_boy_show_1307476911/

Return to Top
#1562146 - 06/08/11 05:46 PM Re: And again - What is Wrong with People? BSABecky
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Bag, I would not try to violate a person's right to have a child, if all the children born to these people had someone like you in their life. I hurt so much for these children that are tortured and killed by the people that brought them into the world. The systems we have in place are obviously not working or we would not be seeing these articles on a daily basis.

Return to Top
#1562202 - 06/08/11 06:35 PM Re: And again - What is Wrong with People? kms
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
I was not serious in my statement. We have gotten so politically correct that we hurt those that can't defend themselves either directly or indirectly. When are we going to wake up and worry about those that need protection instead of those that don't care about anyone or anything except themselves?

Return to Top
#1562271 - 06/08/11 07:22 PM Re: And again - What is Wrong with People? Bagweaver
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
ooops I wasn't sure. I just know we need to do something to protect these children. They don't ask to be born, and we have a responsibility to them, to give them the best chances at success in life.

Return to Top
#1566943 - 06/20/11 03:16 PM Re: And again - What is Wrong with People? kms
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/jersey-city-mother-charged-for-letting-kids-roam-20110616

Teens Helped Unsupervised, Roaming Children in Jersey City

MYFOXNY.COM - Several children were spotted running around a Jersey City street on Wednesday. They were naked and hungry and their mother was nowhere in sight. Two teenage girls came to the rescue.

I mean, WTHeck!? mad

Return to Top
#1567011 - 06/20/11 04:14 PM Re: And again - What is Wrong with People? Retired DQ
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
However that speaks volumes for those teens.

Return to Top
#1567012 - 06/20/11 04:16 PM Re: And again - What is Wrong with People? Skittles
madukes Offline
Diamond Poster
madukes
Flyers Country
there was something on the news (heard only part of it on the radio so I'm not sure where it happened). A father beats his wife and 7 year old to death with a bat and then kills himself by jumping in front of a train.

Return to Top
#1567025 - 06/20/11 04:29 PM Re: And again - What is Wrong with People? Skittles
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Originally Posted By: Duchess Skittles

Yes, it does. smile

Return to Top
#1567062 - 06/20/11 05:20 PM Re: And again - What is Wrong with People? Retired DQ
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Originally Posted By: Deek, CRCM

Yes, it does. smile

Good samaritans like these give me hope that there might just be a chance for our species.

Return to Top
#1567063 - 06/20/11 05:23 PM Re: And again - What is Wrong with People? GuitarDude
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Agreed, GD.

Return to Top
#1567158 - 06/20/11 07:11 PM Re: And again - What is Wrong with People? GuitarDude
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: GuitarDude
Originally Posted By: Deek, CRCM

Yes, it does. smile

Good samaritans like these give me hope that there might just be a chance for our species.

even mine?

Return to Top