Thread Options
#15620 - 04/17/02 03:29 PM SSCRA
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
The head of our training department has informed me that she received a call from some high-pressure saleman that insists that we must have a special training program in place by April 24 for the Soldiers' and Sailors' Civil Relief Act. Naturally, he has the PERFECT program for sale to fulfill this training need.

Have I missed something? Is there some sort of deadline in connection with the SSCRA? Or is this just an idiotic saleman trying pedal a product?

Thanx.

Return to Top
Lending to Servicemembers (SCRA, JWNDAA), War, Terrorism
#15621 - 04/17/02 03:40 PM Re: SSCRA
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's a bit scary. I have not heard on anything, YET.

Return to Top
#15622 - 04/17/02 03:44 PM Re: SSCRA
elcinoca Offline
Platinum Poster
Elizabeth City, NC
Nor have I heard anything. April 24, 2002 is coincidentally the same date in USA PATRIOT for Banks to have established anti-money laundering programs.

Return to Top
#15623 - 04/17/02 04:00 PM Re: SSCRA
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Nevermind. She now tells me that she meant to say the U.S. Patriot Act............

Return to Top
#15624 - 04/17/02 04:04 PM Re: SSCRA
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Yes, a training program is required and I have the perfect one for you. Not him. Lets discuss it as I also try to sell you swamp land for the new branch that is required as well.

If you understood him correctly, this is the kind of call that lowers credability real fast and makes you want one of those zappers to remove your number from his database. Maybe the FTC should get a "Do Not Call" list for compliance officers.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#15625 - 04/17/02 04:16 PM Re: SSCRA
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Shirley posted her clarification while I was adding mine. I was going to edit it, but I think I still want that zapper so I left it as is.

When the salesperson gets it wrong like that, they still lose credibility.

I was in a meeting recently and forgot to put my phone over to voice mail. I got a sales call and just as I answered the guy said his screen went blank, he wasn't sure what he was selling me and that he'd call me right back. I politely hung up and pushed the forward button.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z