Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1565208 - 06/15/11 03:57 PM Trust Accounts
lilbo52 Offline
New Poster
Illinois
I had a customer come in and say that they have put everything from their car to their house, and other deposit accounts, under a Trust with no more documentation than a business card with the trust name on it. According to our new accounts handbook, we require the trust papers (we only keep a copy of the 1st & last pages) and proof of the Tax ID or EIN. The customer said that was absurd and of course they dont need any of that anywhere else so they will be moving their accounts. They wanted an interest bearing account and claimed they didn't teen a Tax ID or EIN because there was nothing to report to the IRS. Don't they have to claim interest earnings? Are the requirements for documentation on a trust different from state to state? I'm also wondering what other banks procedures are on this...

Return to Top
#1565254 - 06/15/11 04:32 PM Re: Trust Accounts lilbo52
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Ask the customer if he or she has swampland for sale, too.

The customer is slinging BS and not even very artfully. If he truly believes what he is saying, he's in for some rude awakenings when reality reaches in and grabs him by the wallet.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1565289 - 06/15/11 05:21 PM Re: Trust Accounts John Burnett
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
I would gladly let him take his business elsewhere, 'cause it sounds like this is just the start of the problems you're going to have with this customer.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Lestie G