Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1561995 - 06/08/11 02:44 PM RESPA Section 8 "Realtor Expo"
80's Lady Offline
Gold Star
I searched for this scenario with no luck, so here goes. Our local Realtor Association normally has a monthly meeting which a couple of our Loan Officers attend - they pay their $10 to attend the luncheon, as do all other attendees.

This month the Association has decided to "change things up" and they are having an "Expo" for the Realtors and we (along with other businesses) are being asked to set up a table with bank marketing items and to provide food as well (not a full meal, snack tray type food). We will also have information about our products available to the Realtors.

Are we ok on this on Section 8 since it will be open to all Realtors in the Association?

Return to Top
Marketing
#1565660 - 06/16/11 12:52 PM Re: RESPA Section 8 "Realtor Expo" 80's Lady
80's Lady Offline
Gold Star
Bump.

Return to Top
#1566123 - 06/16/11 08:20 PM Re: RESPA Section 8 "Realtor Expo" 80's Lady
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I would say that this is a typical marketing expense as the expo is an open forum for all realtors.

Return to Top
#1566287 - 06/17/11 12:27 PM Re: RESPA Section 8 "Realtor Expo" rlcarey
80's Lady Offline
Gold Star
Thank You, RLC!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker