Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1568575 - 06/23/11 05:19 AM 3 year experience requirement for CRCM
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Hola friends,
Hope all are well! My boss...well former boss...asked me a question I think I know the answer to, but I want to pose it here.

CRCM requires "A minimum of three (3) years of experience as a compliance professional with primary responsibility for the full range of compliance functions is required. Compliance functions include (but are not limited to) performing compliance reviews and your ability to manage appropriate strategies to help the bank comply with federal laws and regulations."

So He's wicked qualified as a compliance manager, but what are the odds that building and managing the entire compliance function for a non-profit organization without any banking experience (well, he put a couple of bankers behind bars when he worked for law enforcement in Florida in his pre Make-A-Wish life) meets the experience qualification?

Thanks for any advice that I can pass along. He has a shot at a good position at a bank in Kentucky, and would like to walk into the interview with this in his back pocket.

I miss you guys,
E

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1568633 - 06/23/11 01:48 PM Re: 3 year experience requirement for CRCM deppfan
GenerousLife Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
Seems like that would be the least problematic of the qualifications to take the exam. There's the continuing education, the letters of reference from supervisors and then actually taking the test. It would be a pretty steep climb to take without any banking background. That's why the CRCM is meaningful.

Return to Top
#1569227 - 06/23/11 09:16 PM Re: 3 year experience requirement for CRCM GenerousLife
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
He's scary smart, a quick study, and already maintains CPE for his CIA and CFE designations. His background in law enforcement in Florida gave him an in depth knowledge of BSA/AML and related areas. The letters of reference wouldn't be an issue. I know it would be tough to get a handle on all the regs, but I believe if anyone can do it, he can. And with a site like BOL to help him along the way, I think it's possible. Thanks for the info. cool

Return to Top