Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1562296 - 06/08/11 07:37 PM State Farm Manufactured Home Policy
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
We have been told by a State Farm agent that required flood coverage for properties located in a SFHA is included in the standard manufactured home hazard insurance policy. In the body of the policy under the section of losses insured: "Flood, surface water, waves, tidal water, or overflow of a body of water, or spray from any of these, whether or not driven by wind." seems to cover floods, but does this meet federal flood requirements??? Should the customer have a separate flood policy????

Return to Top
Flood Compliance
#1562335 - 06/08/11 07:59 PM Re: State Farm Manufactured Home Policy Bagweaver
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
You need to review the policy contract document. Some mobile home policies do cover flood and have been deemed compliant, but you have tomake that determination by comparing the coverage under the policy contract to the requirements in the NFIP flood manual.

FWIW, I would not take the word of any insurance agent.

Return to Top
#1570033 - 06/25/11 01:29 PM Re: State Farm Manufactured Home Policy Bagweaver
Sheba Offline
Sheba
Oz
Hi Bagweaver,

I am a little behind in my reading, but did want to respond and say that we have similar State Farm policies. They don't separate it. Some of our older policies do not indicate a separate amount for flood. In order to determine and document the actual amount of flood coverage we request something in writing from the agent that we can place in our files. As long as it is on company letterhead and signed by an agent the examiners appear to be okay with it.

Return to Top
#1570037 - 06/25/11 03:23 PM Re: State Farm Manufactured Home Policy Sheba
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I would highly suggest that you get a copy of the current policy as it is my understand that most insurance companies have dropped flood coverage from manufactured home insurance policies. I know that State Farm has specifically dropped this coverage in a number of States.

Return to Top
#1570702 - 06/27/11 09:44 PM Re: State Farm Manufactured Home Policy rlcarey
Sheba Offline
Sheba
Oz
Thanks for the information. We have some older ones grandfathered in with no escrow, so will have to check on their coverages. Thankfully it is only a small number.

Return to Top