Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1573710 - 07/05/11 04:06 PM Proposed REG CC change on next day availability
Pop Pop Offline
Florida
My question is, after July 21, "If a cashiers check is not deposited in person to a teller of my bank then it becomes a 2nd business day item?
I have myself confused and need clarification. The 1st paragraph on page 19 of John Burnett's REG CC presentation talks about removing 229.10(c)(2) that deals with next day items not deposited in person.
In the FED proposal, 229.10(c) "certain check deposits" in sections (ii), (iii), (iv), and (v) all have (A)-In an account held by the payee of the bank, and (B)-In person to an employee of of the depository bank.
I was believing (ii), (iii), (iv), and (v) were being deleted but now I think just the paragraph mentioning them is being deleted as it appears to be duplicate information and "A" & "B" for each type of check will remain in effect.

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#1573869 - 07/05/11 06:34 PM Re: Proposed REG CC change on next day availability Pop Pop
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
The paragraph that the Fed proposes to delete is 229.10(c)(2). It currently says, in effect, that if one of those next-day items in 229.10(c)(1)(ii), (iii), (iv) or (v) -- USPS money orders, checks on a Federal Reserve Bank or Federal Home Loan Bank, state and local government checks, or cashier's, teller's or certified checks -- misses qualifying for next-day status only because it's not deposited in person, it must be available by the second business day. But that's redundant now because non-next-day items are already second-day items because they are all local.

The qualifications for next-day status (A&B as described in the post above) would remain unchanged.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1573902 - 07/05/11 07:09 PM Re: Proposed REG CC change on next day availability John Burnett
Pop Pop Offline
Florida
Thank You, John

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett