Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1574893 - 07/07/11 03:02 PM GMI
Linkpars Offline
100 Club
Kentucky
I am beginning a HMDA review for the quarter, and while reviewing a loan I noticed that one customer who is a female, marked "Male" for her sex. I attended a HMDA seminar recently and the speaker said that whatever was checked is the information that we are to use, no matter if we know it is incorrect.

Can anyone tell me if this is actually correct? If so, can you prove this in writing? I have a fear that if I change it on the application to make it right, and right on the LAR, we will get in trouble.

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#1574898 - 07/07/11 03:05 PM Re: GMI Linkpars
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
The customer is to complete the information and may choose anything they like. I'm a female - non hispanic - and white. If I put down I'm male, hispanic and asian the bank must report that.

Return to Top
#1574903 - 07/07/11 03:09 PM Re: GMI Skittles
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
I agree with Skittles. Report what the customer recorded without change.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1574981 - 07/07/11 04:05 PM Re: GMI Kathleen O. Blanchard
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Quote:
If so, can you prove this in writing?

Search the GIR.

If the applicant chooses not to provide the information in a face to face application then you report the information based on visual observation and/or surname. Otherwise you report what the applicant furnished.

If the applicant chooses not to provide the information on a non face to face application you report information not provided. Otherwise you report what he applicant furnished.

Return to Top
#1575443 - 07/08/11 01:32 PM Re: GMI Dan Persfull
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
And just in the interest of presenting another view, how do you KNOW that this person is female? There are operations for that, and now we hear that some are born with both, you never REALLY know another person.

Go with what they put on the application, this is what is "documented".

smile

Return to Top
#1575564 - 07/08/11 03:55 PM Re: GMI SMQ, CRCM
Linkpars Offline
100 Club
Kentucky
Thanks everyone, I listed what the customer marked. I just assumed female because she is an older lady and my bank is located in a very small community. Everyone knows everyone and everything about everyone. But I did mark what was listed. Thanks again.

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM