BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1575602 - 07/08/11 04:28 PM Re: Renter Rant GuitarDude
COMPLIcated Offline
Diamond Poster
OK
I have also been told it is a good idea to take Section 8 but I think right now the first thing I am going to do is to use a property manager even though we are only 2 miles from the house. I just can't deal with the time commitments with a full time job, 4 kids, etc. and the stressful situations like this week. My husband's hours have not been where he can always help with it and let's face it...he's not going to clean it, etc like me. We have had 1 good renter in 3 1/2 years (4 different renters in this time frame) and even with the good one I had to remind her every month rent was due like she was one of my children.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1576831 - 07/12/11 05:30 PM Re: Renter Rant COMPLIcated
Y'all Comply Offline
100 Club
Y'all Comply
Land of Pears
10 best cities to buy a rental property

Las Vegas
Detroit
Warren, Mich
Orlando, Fla
Bakersfield, Calif
Tampa, Fla.
Phoenix
Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Rochester, N.Y
Stockton, Calif.

FKA Jenabq

Return to Top
#1576939 - 07/12/11 07:27 PM Re: Renter Rant Y'all Comply
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
Does that mean that I'll actually get someone to rent my house here? laugh

Return to Top
#1577080 - 07/12/11 09:48 PM Re: Renter Rant Sing A Little
COMPLIcated Offline
Diamond Poster
OK
I talked to a Property Manager today and I think I am going to sign an agreement with him tomorrow. It will be a lot less headache on me! I will not heave to deal with anything anymore except receive my rent check from him each month after he takes out his 10% and write a check to him for repairs he had to have done.

Return to Top
#1577370 - 07/13/11 04:44 PM Re: Renter Rant Queen Mum
Happy Drugs Offline
Platinum Poster
Happy Drugs
Central Texas
Originally Posted By: Queen Mum
I have a similar but different situation. My renters now owe for 4 months rent. She keeps saying she is coming by but does not. Had an attorney draw up a lease and gave it to them to sign but she keeps forgetting to return it. They did remodel the house on their own. We have paid for a new roof and AC. The husband also painted the exterior of my mom's house and put up new fencing and new fencing for me pretty cheap. They are good people - they just don't pay! Ironically, he is the deputy sheriff! Ha! Can I have him serve himself eviction papers? It's an old farm house and we only charge $200 rent!

I would think in this situation if there was a constable in your town he would serve them. They may think because they are doing all this work on the house they may not feel obligated to pay rent.

Return to Top
#1577386 - 07/13/11 05:06 PM Re: Renter Rant Happy Drugs
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Originally Posted By: Happy Drugs
Originally Posted By: Queen Mum
I have a similar but different situation. My renters now owe for 4 months rent. She keeps saying she is coming by but does not. Had an attorney draw up a lease and gave it to them to sign but she keeps forgetting to return it. They did remodel the house on their own. We have paid for a new roof and AC. The husband also painted the exterior of my mom's house and put up new fencing and new fencing for me pretty cheap. They are good people - they just don't pay! Ironically, he is the deputy sheriff! Ha! Can I have him serve himself eviction papers? It's an old farm house and we only charge $200 rent!

I would think in this situation if there was a constable in your town he would serve them. They may think because they are doing all this work on the house they may not feel obligated to pay rent.

I really think she is just scatter-brained and forgetful. But it is frustrating!

Return to Top
#1577393 - 07/13/11 05:13 PM Re: Renter Rant Queen Mum
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Four months forgetful??

Isn't often times the 'good ones' who in the end end up costing us the most when it is all said and done...

Return to Top
#1577441 - 07/13/11 06:12 PM Re: Renter Rant #Just Jay
Happy Drugs Offline
Platinum Poster
Happy Drugs
Central Texas
We no longer have rental property, but our experience with our first renters was wonderful...always paid on time, kept the place up...we have some acreage that had pecan trees on it and they would gather them up and sell them and we split the money.

The second ones not so wonderful...we often had to go out to the house to collect the rent, they didn't keep the place up...so we were glad when they moved out. Not long after that we sold the house and land to his uncle!!!

Return to Top
#1577479 - 07/13/11 06:32 PM Re: Renter Rant Happy Drugs
COMPLIcated Offline
Diamond Poster
OK
Just signed agreement with property manager. 10% of the monthly rent and I don't have to deal with advertising, showing, applications, repairs, cleaning, evictions, etc, etc!! Money to be well spent for me! Being a compliance officer is stressful enough!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2