Thread Options
#1577876 - 07/14/11 02:45 PM newspaper ad
More Changes?!? Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 98
i know all newspaper ads need to have the "member fdic" on them. do we have to have the logo or is just the wording enough? also, when do we need to have the equal houseing lender logo- only when we advertise loans?

Return to Top
#1577934 - 07/14/11 03:24 PM Re: newspaper ad More Changes?!?
Bob The Banker Offline
Platinum Poster
Bob The Banker
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 958
You are not allowed to use the FDIC logo at all. You are required to state your membership via statements per FDIC rule 328 such as "Member FDIC" or the specified portion of the deposit taking symbol.

It is not technically correct that all advertisements require "Member FDIC". However, when using, "Member FDIC" will work fine.

"Equal Housing Lender" accompanied with the doghouse logo is required when advertising a loan for the "purpose of purchasing, constructing, improving, repairing, or maintaining a dwelling or any loan secured by a dwelling".
Last edited by Bob The Banker; 07/14/11 03:25 PM.
Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker