Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1576568 - 07/12/11 12:57 PM SAFE Act information on a bank's Website
Village Man Offline
We are thinking of putting a statement that our bank is registered with the NMLS and our number and that copies of Mortgage Loan Originator ID numbers are available upon request on the tabs for our Home Equity Lines of Credit and Mortgage Loans. We would put it above the Equal Housing Logo on next to our contact information. Is that what everyone else is doing or are there better alternatives??

Thanks

Return to Top
S.A.F.E. Act Forum
#1581232 - 07/21/11 06:35 PM Re: SAFE Act information on a bank's Website Village Man
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
Bump

Return to Top
#1581481 - 07/22/11 03:25 AM Re: SAFE Act information on a bank's Website MadisonCali
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
We aren't doing anything on our website.

You will find a mixed response of banks doing what you are suggesting and banks not doing anything on the website. There is no hard and fast rules about how to disclose MLO numbers only that they have to be disclosed in 3 instances. The bank's NMLS info is not required to be disclosed at all.

Return to Top
#1581539 - 07/22/11 12:56 PM Re: SAFE Act information on a bank's Website Dani York, CRCM
MPComply Offline
New Poster
MPComply
New York
We aren't posting anything on our website either. We will have a list on our bank's intranet page with instructions to all branch and corporate employees on how to access it, should a customer ask (which they won't). I wanted to keep it simple.

Return to Top
#1581573 - 07/22/11 01:22 PM Re: SAFE Act information on a bank's Website MPComply
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
We are putting nothing on our web site, and no signs in our branch lobbies. We are doing only what is specifically required by the act and nothing more.

Return to Top
#1581648 - 07/22/11 02:26 PM Re: SAFE Act information on a bank's Website Sinatra Fan
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
All we are doing is listing the the NMLS ID# with each LO's website profile, along with their name and phone number, just as it would appear on their business cards.

Return to Top
#1582682 - 07/25/11 07:33 PM Re: SAFE Act information on a bank's Website #Just Jay
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Originally Posted By: Just Jay
All we are doing is listing the the NMLS ID# with each LO's website profile, along with their name and phone number, just as it would appear on their business cards.

Same here.

Return to Top
#1583508 - 07/26/11 11:51 PM Re: SAFE Act information on a bank's Website DD Regs
Avanti Offline
100 Club
Does anyone have any conflict with the MLO's registered name not matching the name they use? We are creating a list of MLOs with their numbers to post on the website. They were registered with their Legal Name. I happen to have 3 who do not go by their legal name. One uses their middle name and 2 have very uncommon first names and have always done business with their 'nickname'.

I am looking at the master list my account admin gave me of their registration and number. It has their legal name. All of our adverstising has their common name. Is there an issue they don't match or should I make some refrence to both names on the list. ...

Return to Top
#1583513 - 07/27/11 12:34 AM Re: SAFE Act information on a bank's Website Avanti
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
You have to register the MLOs with their legal name. The MLOs should have listed the name they go by in the aliases section. That's how you match up the nicknames with the id number. As long as the MLOs included the names they go by in their aliases, I would list those name with their id numbers on you lists/website/wherever.

Return to Top
#1589507 - 08/09/11 02:52 PM Re: SAFE Act information on a bank's Website Dani York, CRCM
love2comply Offline
New Poster
Colorado
You do have to register the MLOs with their legal name. However, we are finding that when our MLOs went in to complete the registration process, some of them changed their legal name to their common name rather than listing their common name under the alias section. Now we are running into issues with our secondary market loans because our system prints the MLOs legal name but the NMLS website shows their common name. So, yes, we are seeing conflicts with registered names and common names. Lots of problems.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett