Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1579085 - 07/16/11 03:18 PM Re: My 30 y/o BFF has breast cancer, 2x mastectomy TINKerBell
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Continuing to pray for your BFF and all who love her, Dip.

Return to Top
#1579303 - 07/18/11 04:36 PM Re: My 30 y/o BFF has breast cancer, 2x mastectomy BurntSienna
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Thank you!!! We're having a big party at her house on Sunday. We'll all wear our "Cristy's Army" shirts that a friend had made.

Return to Top
#1579806 - 07/19/11 03:43 PM Re: My 30 y/o BFF has breast cancer, 2x mastectomy Dip
~MunQue~ Offline
Platinum Poster
~MunQue~
HERE! I'm here!
Prayers for you and your friend Dip. My mom just told us yesterday that they found 4 lumps in her left breast, I hope she is able to find the strength that your friend has shown if her biopsy doesn't come back good.

Return to Top
#1579809 - 07/19/11 03:46 PM Re: My 30 y/o BFF has breast cancer, 2x mastectomy ~MunQue~
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Oh Munque - prayers going up immediately for your mother. Please keep us posted.

Also, my son's friend now has a healthy baby boy as of last Thursday. Now they can focus on additional tests and treatment for the young mother.

Return to Top
#1579821 - 07/19/11 03:54 PM Re: My 30 y/o BFF has breast cancer, 2x mastectomy Skittles
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Oh wow Skittles, great news on the baby smile

Munque, I hope your mother is ok...find strength in that, if it's breast cancer, medicine has gotten very good at treating it.

Return to Top
#1583028 - 07/26/11 03:28 PM Re: My 30 y/o BFF has breast cancer, 2x mastectomy Dip
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Cristy is going into surgery now for her bilateral mastectomy. All prayers et al are appreciated!!!!

Return to Top
#1583060 - 07/26/11 03:52 PM Re: My 30 y/o BFF has breast cancer, 2x mastectomy Dip
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Keeping her in my thoughts and prayers today....

Return to Top
#1583061 - 07/26/11 03:54 PM Re: My 30 y/o BFF has breast cancer, 2x mastectomy ~MunQue~
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Originally Posted By: ~MunQue~
Prayers for you and your friend Dip. My mom just told us yesterday that they found 4 lumps in her left breast, I hope she is able to find the strength that your friend has shown if her biopsy doesn't come back good.

Many prayers for your mother and your family!

Return to Top
#1583663 - 07/27/11 02:45 PM Re: My 30 y/o BFF has breast cancer, 2x mastectomy Search_Me
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Cristy's surgery went really well! And they already filled up her expanders 3/4 of the way (she let me look, LOL). I went to visit her last ngith and was surprised hwo good she looked and what spirits she was in. I thought when then surgery became reality, she'd really get down and depressed. But she was her normal perky self! Such a testament to what having God in your life can do. Her faith has only been strengthened by cancer, not doubted. Must be nice smile

Return to Top
#1583669 - 07/27/11 02:46 PM Re: My 30 y/o BFF has breast cancer, 2x mastectomy Dip
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
That is wonderful to hear!

Return to Top
#1583672 - 07/27/11 02:44 PM Re: My 30 y/o BFF has breast cancer, 2x mastectomy Sing A Little
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
Good news! Hopefully that faith and optimism will continue throughout her treatment.

Return to Top
#1583726 - 07/27/11 03:15 PM Re: My 30 y/o BFF has breast cancer, 2x mastectomy hmdagal
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Awesome! I'm old enough to be your friend's mother and I want to be just like her when I grow up. Seriously though, I'm in awe of her.

Return to Top
#1583813 - 07/27/11 04:35 PM Re: My 30 y/o BFF has breast cancer, 2x mastectomy HRH Okie Banker
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
Great news dip!

Return to Top
#1583826 - 07/27/11 04:58 PM Re: My 30 y/o BFF has breast cancer, 2x mastectomy califgirl
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
How encouraging Dip! Continued to prayers as she continues this journey!

Return to Top
#1583863 - 07/27/11 05:41 PM Re: My 30 y/o BFF has breast cancer, 2x mastectomy Search_Me
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Good news Dip. Such hope and wonderful news. I needed that today. Thanks for sharing.

Return to Top
#1583932 - 07/27/11 06:33 PM Re: My 30 y/o BFF has breast cancer, 2x mastectomy QCL
wavewatcher Offline
Diamond Poster
wavewatcher
Hawaii
thanks for sharing the wonderful news. i pray that her spirits keep her on a high for a long time. be with her, there will be days when she will really need a good friend like you.

Return to Top
#1584107 - 07/27/11 08:32 PM Re: My 30 y/o BFF has breast cancer, 2x mastectomy wavewatcher
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
This song reminds me to keep those who are faced with cancer in my thoughts and prayers...

I'm Gonna Love You Through it... Martina McBride

she dropped the phone and burst into tears
the doctor just conformed her fears
her husband held it and held her tight
cancer don’t discriminate or care if you’re just 38
with three kids who need her in their lives
he said, “i know that you’re afraid and i am, too
but you’ll never be alone, i promise you”

chorus:
when you’re weak, i’ll be strong
when you let go, i’ll hold on
when you need to cry, i swear that i’ll be there to dry your eyes
when you feel lost and scared to death,
like you can’t take one more breath
just take my hand, together we can do this
i’m gonna love you through it.

she made it through the surgery fine
they said they cut her just in time
but they had to take more than they planned
now it’s forced smiles and baggy shirts
to hide what cancer took from her
but she just wants to feel like a woman again
she said, “ i don’t think i can do this anymore”
he took her in his arms and said “that’s what my love is for”

[chorus:]

and when the road gets too long

just take my hand, together we can do it

Return to Top
#1584477 - 07/28/11 03:30 PM Re: My 30 y/o BFF has breast cancer, 2x mastectomy Search_Me
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Cool song! I'll have to look it up and send her the link...hopefully it's on youtube or something.

Return to Top
#1584731 - 07/28/11 06:36 PM Re: My 30 y/o BFF has breast cancer, 2x mastectomy Dip
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
I saw the pics you posted of your cross-stitch and the blanket. She's lucky to have you!

Return to Top
#1584760 - 07/28/11 06:57 PM Re: My 30 y/o BFF has breast cancer, 2x mastectomy Mrs. Rizzo
TINKerBell Offline
Power Poster
TINKerBell
Tiger's Den!
Nice crosstitching Dip! How's her recovery going? How long before she is home?

Return to Top
#1585178 - 07/29/11 03:16 PM Re: My 30 y/o BFF has breast cancer, 2x mastectomy TINKerBell
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
She went hoem the next day, so she was onyl at the hospital for maybe 33 hours total? She's doing really well and the drugs are keepign her pain manageable.

Return to Top
#1585392 - 07/29/11 06:17 PM Re: My 30 y/o BFF has breast cancer, 2x mastectomy Dip
Princess of Power Offline
Gold Star
Princess of Power
Napa, CA
That is great news. Prayers continuing for your friend for a full recovery and even fuller life.

Return to Top
#1588497 - 08/05/11 06:58 PM Re: My 30 y/o BFF has breast cancer, 2x mastectomy Dip
Patsy Cline Offline
Diamond Poster
Patsy Cline
On the road...
Your friend is in my prayers. I know what she is going through. As of Monday, I am back after a 6 week leave. On June 15, 2011 I had bilateral mastectomies with immediate latissimus muscle flap reconstruction. Long surgery... 9.5 hours. When I found out that this was necessary for me... I made the decision and never looked back.

I feel very blessed.

I had a breast reduction in February. The pathology of the tissue that was removed showed cancer that did not appear on my mammograms or breast MRIs. I had a high risk for breast cancer already - and was very diligent about diagnostic testing. Had I not had the reduction (which I now call an expensive biopsy) the cancer would have been invasive by the time it showed on film.

I actually LOVE my new boobs! I am only 7 weeks post op and still have some swelling... but I am very happy. I did not have to have chemo or radiation. My expanders are full and I get the implants in October.

I just turned 45 and I have the boobs of a 20 year old!

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?" ~ unknown

Return to Top
#1588505 - 08/05/11 07:01 PM Re: My 30 y/o BFF has breast cancer, 2x mastectomy Patsy Cline
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Wow! And glad that you're liking those new boobs PC smile

Reading all of these posts makes me very happy that hubby is doing the Komen 3-day/60 mile walk this fall.

Return to Top
#1592355 - 08/16/11 03:24 PM Re: My 30 y/o BFF has breast cancer, 2x mastectomy Snow Bunny
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Update on my bff...

Her tissue margins were clear, meanign she gets to keep some important anatomy in teh area ( wink ). She had her oncology appointment yesterday and, to her disappointment, was still recommended chemo. She had hoped to avoid chemo due to the side effects in can have years down the road (and issue for her since she's only 30), but at least what they are recommending is the weakest form of chemo. She can expect hair loss btu nausea shouldn't be as much of an issue. So she shoudl be starting this mid-September.

She is still in very good spirits. Aside form the support fo friends and family, church has helped her a lot. She had fallen out of goign to church for a coupel years after having her son and her church falling apart but found a new one and picked it back up after the diagnosis. She has complete trust in what she is goign through even though, obviously, she'd rather not be in thsi position.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett