Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1585023 - 07/29/11 12:48 PM CTR Refiling Questions
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
Two questions:

1) Would you refile for something small like the 'multiple transactions' box not being checked?

2) Would anyone know of a way to check and see if a CTR was filed? We are just moving to electronic filing (I know, I know smile ), and I found one instance in the first quarter where I believe the Lead Teller just forgot to make a copy of the CTR that she sent in, because it's noted on her log that it was done.

Thanks! Happy Friday smile

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1585027 - 07/29/11 12:47 PM Re: CTR Refiling Questions MadisonCali
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
1) I would chalk it up to a technical error and not send in an amendment, train and move on if it was a one time instance.

2) Your bank must maintain records of the file transmitted to the IRS for five years. I would be looking there first.

Return to Top
#1585029 - 07/29/11 12:54 PM Re: CTR Refiling Questions MadisonCali
Big Dog Offline
Power Poster
Big Dog
Kennel
1. No, its not really material as long as you can identify the transactions that triggered the CTR should law enforcement come lookin'.

2. Contact the CTR Hotline. They may be able to help you, or at least let you know how to proceed. You will need a copy for your records anyway.

Get that e-filing going - it is a real time saver.

Return to Top
#1585036 - 07/29/11 01:00 PM Re: CTR Refiling Questions Big Dog
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
Thanks for the replies.

We're a small bank, and we have a new Lead Teller and President and are more open to electronic filing, so I'm making it happen ASAP smile

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z