Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#158646 - 02/10/04 03:04 PM Fedline - LA question
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Not sure where to post this...but since I am doing an audit...Would it be OK for the LA to have manager access in all (**) applications? They would not be able to create or send transfers, per my understanding.

Return to Top
Audit
#158647 - 02/10/04 04:37 PM Re: Fedline - LA question
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
I think I recall that the LA should not have ** access as it allows them access to everything. They should only be assigned the LA function. I haven't done this audit for a while, but I do believe I have an audit program if you would like to see it, PM me.

Return to Top
#158648 - 02/10/04 04:47 PM Re: Fedline - LA question
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
I just finished the FedLine audit. I used the FFIEC IT Examination Handbook - FedLine Booklet dated August 2003. It was wonderful and explains everything. It says any staff member assigned access to the LA application, should not have access to either the FT or Host Communications applications. By giving the LA the ** it allows access to
all applications.

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
#158649 - 02/10/04 04:49 PM Re: Fedline - LA question
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
I too am using the FFIEC IT Exam for my program. But I am wondering if within the ** function, you can specify just manager access only. I know that the ** gives access to all applications, but there are 6 levels of access for each application (Inquiry, Entry/ Update, Verify/ Transmit, Assistant Supervisory, Supervisor, and Manager). If your LA does not have FT manager access, who does?
Last edited by Luv my puppy!; 02/10/04 04:55 PM.
Return to Top
#158650 - 02/10/04 05:08 PM Re: Fedline - LA question
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
We have someone independent of the FT function as well as other functions handle the LA respponsibilities. Previously, this person was not part of the department, but now there are enough bodies that this can be appropriately segregated.

Return to Top
#158651 - 02/11/04 09:14 PM Re: Fedline - LA question
Anonymous
Unregistered

The LA should only have LA access and nothing else. Actually, the ** setting is not really good for anyone since it gives broad access. It is much better to go in to each user ID and set them up with only they functions they need.

Return to Top
#158652 - 02/12/04 06:10 PM Re: Fedline - LA question
AnnL Offline
Gold Star
AnnL
Western PA
I am an LA for our Fedline and not only do I only have access to the LA function, I also must have a 2nd person present when I am on the Fedline (per internal Audit). As LA I could go into my user and give myself access to anything I want!!

Return to Top
#158653 - 02/12/04 09:48 PM Re: Fedline - LA question
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Are you sure you can change things for your own userid?
Our LA CANNOT change anything on their own userid.
We tested this yesterday.
We have 2 LAs, each had to change the other's access rights. When they tried to change their own, we got an error message.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z