Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#15863 - 04/19/02 06:30 PM Threat Warning
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just my Banker Briefing from Bankers Online about the threat warning against banks. Has anyone received anything directly from the FBI? Anyone have any insight into what we should be doing?

Are you implementing extra monitoring of your building exterior?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#15864 - 04/19/02 06:33 PM Re: Threat Warning
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
CNN published this as well as an unsubstantiated threat. I don't know if anyone is aware of whether this is a physical threat or one to our computer/communication systems, nor if it is credible.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#15865 - 04/19/02 06:35 PM Re: Threat Warning
Liz F Offline
New Poster
Liz F
There is an msnbc story with a little bit more information at this site:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/741075.asp#BODY

Return to Top
#15866 - 04/19/02 06:40 PM Re: Threat Warning
Anonymous
Unregistered

I received the message from BOL but it didn't initially mention that it just affected certain states. I had already put everyone here on alert even though we are not included in those states. Oh Well. Guess it is good practice for everyone anyway. Guess our Security Officer will get a laugh at me when he gets back next week....if he gets back. He is in Washington!

Return to Top
#15867 - 04/19/02 07:34 PM Re: Threat Warning
Anonymous
Unregistered

There are links to various news stories about the threat on the Top Stories page.

Return to Top
#15868 - 04/23/02 03:53 PM Re: Threat Warning
Mom of Boys Offline
Mom of Boys
Maryland
You asked if anyone received anything from the FBI, we received an FBI notice on Friday from the same e mail address that sends us our control list.

Return to Top