Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1589853 - 08/09/11 08:39 PM Policy, Procedures, Processes, Approval by the BOD
BSAChick Offline
Illinois
I have come to a new bank and the BSA Policy is riddled with procedures, processes, and "extras" it doesn't need. So I am going to write a new policy with separate procedures. That part I am fine with. But when I go to the Board for the approval of the new policy what do I do? In my past when I made changes to policy I would do a memo highlighting the significant changes. Well the main content obviously will be the same, but a totally different layout. Any suggestions on how I present this to the Board? Does it matter? The "meat" of the policy is the same...... Appreciate any feedback.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1589887 - 08/09/11 09:42 PM Re: Policy, Procedures, Processes, Approval by the BOD BSAChick
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
I would outline in a summary memo to accompany the revised policy what general chanegs you made and why (i.e. removed procedures related to CTR completion and relocated them to the new separate procedures document).

Return to Top
#1589901 - 08/09/11 10:28 PM Re: Policy, Procedures, Processes, Approval by the BOD #Just Jay
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
I agree, a summary of your overall changes is the best way to go. You can always provide a copy of the old policy for reference.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z