Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1591556 - 08/12/11 06:15 PM Am I expecting too much?
Khaleesi Offline
Khaleesi
Old Valeria
CRA Officers, would you have accepted this a sufficient documentation for a donation?

"Meals from the Heartland is a non-profit, 501(c) 3 organization composed of volunteers who package meals for delivery to starving people around the world. Individuals, businesses, schools, churches and various civic organizations have come together to show the nation and the world what people who truly care can accomplish. The meals are shipped to locations throughout the world, varying from local food pantries to South Africa and beyond."

I had asked the branch to elaborate on who specifically inside our community will this donation benefit and I am getting push back because they mentioned "local food pantries".

Am I going overboard with asking for more supporting info, or would you personally have said what was provided was adequate info for examiners? Yes we have a CRA exam coming up (my first), so stress levels are rising! smile

Return to Top
CRA
#1591569 - 08/12/11 06:38 PM Re: Am I expecting too much? Khaleesi
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
You need to demonstrate what local food pantries have benefited and how much. While the other donations are commendable, CRA is judged solely on a local basis. You are not asking for too much; you are asking for what is needed to pass the examination.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1591571 - 08/12/11 06:39 PM Re: Am I expecting too much? Khaleesi
TINKerBell Offline
Power Poster
TINKerBell
Tiger's Den!
I would push a bit harder for a better, more specific response. You have to be able to show that the donation benefitted those pantries in your AA. It's what I would do...but that's just my opinion.

Return to Top
#1591581 - 08/12/11 06:50 PM Re: Am I expecting too much? TINKerBell
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
I would have passed right over that for credit. The donation must specifically benefit your AA.

Keep the stress levels cool OMS, and good luck on the exam. smile

Return to Top
#1591594 - 08/12/11 07:03 PM Re: Am I expecting too much? bOaty
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I wonder what the definition of LMI is in South Africa?

Return to Top
#1591747 - 08/12/11 09:18 PM Re: Am I expecting too much? bOaty
Tennismom Offline
Platinum Poster
Tennismom
Originally Posted By: bOatn Shasta
I would have passed right over that for credit. The donation must specifically benefit your AA.

I agree with bOatn Shasta. Annualy someone in my shop donates money to organizations such as Volunteers in Medical Missions or ProjectHope. Both of these organizations provide medical relief for individuals in third world countries. Fantastic organizations, however like bOatn Shasta, I pass right over them for credit.

Return to Top
#1591890 - 08/15/11 02:53 PM Re: Am I expecting too much? Tennismom
Rie A Offline
Platinum Poster
Rie A
Maryland
If you can't get a better description of what they do for your AA, I would put this in what I call my "other" file. This is the file of things that are not CRA by strict definition, but that an examiner might take into consideration.

Return to Top
#1592050 - 08/15/11 06:46 PM Re: Am I expecting too much? Rie A
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
It always amazes me how folks within the bank think that the Bank will get CRA Credit if they just bully the CRA officer enough.

In those situations I would respond by saying that while I might be convinced this is a worthwhile organization, the documentation will not satisfy the examiners. And all of the begging and pleading in the world they want to try on me won't change an examiner's mind.

Return to Top
#1593611 - 08/18/11 04:14 PM Re: Am I expecting too much? Princess Romeo
JUST CALL ME CRA Offline
100 Club
SOMEWHERE
Africa is a little out of our Assessment Area. Great cause, but no credit.

Return to Top