Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1593596 - 08/18/11 04:08 PM Info about CRA Wiz
JUST CALL ME CRA Offline
100 Club
SOMEWHERE
Does CRA Wiz provide reports that help you set goals for the number of loans in your assessment areas? For example, does it pull from the FFIEC as to the number owner occupied units in a low income tract in a certain county and compare that to your bank's performance? And does it pull from the FDIC deposit market share and compare that to your CRA (small loans to businesses, small loans to farms)loan market share? I am doing this manually and I am trying to figure out how much benefit I would receive from CRA Wiz.

Return to Top
CRA
#1593663 - 08/18/11 04:55 PM Re: Info about CRA Wiz JUST CALL ME CRA
Marie D Offline
New Poster
NH
Sorry I can't answer your question, but there is a CRA Wiz Linkedin group for customers and it might be helpful for questions like this.

Return to Top
#1593750 - 08/18/11 05:57 PM Re: Info about CRA Wiz Marie D
JUST CALL ME CRA Offline
100 Club
SOMEWHERE
I will check that out. Thanks.

Return to Top
#1593784 - 08/18/11 06:20 PM Re: Info about CRA Wiz JUST CALL ME CRA
TINKerBell Offline
Power Poster
TINKerBell
Tiger's Den!
ILMJ, CRA Wiz will give you demographic data, such as total # of housing units in each tract level, and also breaks it down further, like # of owner units, rental units, vacant units, single family, etc. The data comes from the US Census. You can compare your institution's loan concentration to other institutions in your area via reports if you have the right additions to the software, like Peer Group data.

I have used both the CRA Wiz and Fair Lending Wiz modules for about 5 years, and I would highly recommend them.

Return to Top
#1594346 - 08/19/11 06:28 PM Re: Info about CRA Wiz TINKerBell
JUST CALL ME CRA Offline
100 Club
SOMEWHERE
Thanks for your reply. I was just wondering if CRA Wiz makes the comparisons for you. You can get the owner occupied housing units in a tract/county from the FFIEC. And you can get the poverty level from the U.S. Census Bureau, and the deposit market share from the FDIC. I just wondered if you can integrate that with your institution's own data. Is there a report that shows you side by side comparisons of the percentage of owner occuped units that are in low or moderate income tracts and the percentage of your bank's mortgage loans that are in low or moderate income tracts. And on sm bus sm farm, is your bank's market share of those loans higher or lower than you bank's deposit market share. That's the kind of comparisons that are in exams and I am calculating all those manually now. I haven't had a chance to visit the LinkedIn site. Perhaps it will answer those questions.

Return to Top