Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1597087 - 08/26/11 04:23 PM Reg D Letters
Marqann1 Offline
New Poster
Is there any "timliness" factor in sending Reg D letters for exceeding limited transactions? I realize that if a letter is not sent promptly, the customer will likely continue to exceed the limits. I don't find anything in the regulation that states letters must be sent within ## days.

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#1597106 - 08/26/11 04:39 PM Re: Reg D Letters Marqann1
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
You are correct, there is not stated limit. We try to send it the day we get the report/notification from the system, but it may slip until the next day. The more timely they receive the letter, the more chance you have of correcting the behavior before the end of the next cycle/month.

Return to Top
#1599716 - 09/02/11 05:37 PM Re: Reg D Letters Marqann1
Marqann1 Offline
New Poster
Does anyone know of a site to get sample Reg D notices for 1st, 2nd and 3rd violations?

Return to Top
#1599795 - 09/02/11 06:49 PM Re: Reg D Letters Marqann1
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
I don't know of any site, but if you PM me with your email address I can send you the three that I use.

Return to Top
#1599810 - 09/02/11 07:04 PM Re: Reg D Letters Doug Hendrickson
dickr Offline
Gold Star
dickr
Middlesex Cty NJ
You might want to check with your service provider. Ours are in the system and automatically generate based on the trancode parameters.

Return to Top
#1600892 - 09/08/11 02:08 PM Re: Reg D Letters dickr
NU Rhules Offline
Gold Star
NU Rhules
SE, Nebraska
My old bank in AK gave you a count each time you used the internet to make a qualifying transfer. I think it even kept track of online debit purchases too. And it told you how many you had remaining. It probably cut down the violations by 99%. Most people are simply unaware because they don't read the disclosures. Also I've see confusion over how many violations you get in a 12 month period because using the "3 strikes rule" terminology as guidance confuses those who don't know baseball. Yes there are some. You get 2 and the 3rd time you get your account changed. Some think it means you get 3 passes and the 4th causes the change. I am not aware of any standard format. Just use real world language descibing the rule and what it means to them.

Return to Top
#1601992 - 09/09/11 08:02 PM Re: Reg D Letters NU Rhules
Starter Offline
Platinum Poster
Starter
NJ
you can also cut down violations by assessing a fee for items presented in excess of the limit -

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett