BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1598321 - 08/30/11 07:27 PM ACS Relay for Life
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
My Mom is a multiple cancer survivor. She had her first diagnosis as a teenager and just went through her latest procedure in July. This was her 7th time dealing with some form of cancer (this time melanoma) and she has been having a hard time emotionally because she was close to a cancer-free anniversary.

We've decided to participate in a Relay for Life near my home town to help cheer her up and celebrate her being a survivor. If you'd like to make a donation here is a link to my Relay page:Relay donation page

You are also welcome to make a donation under my Mom's page, we're on the same team and her name is Jennie.

Even if you can't make a donation, I would appreciate any words of encouragement that you'd like to share with her. I'm going to take all of the messages I receive and present them to her at the Relay event.

Thank you!

Return to Top
#1598462 - 08/30/11 11:19 PM Re: ACS Relay for Life Sing A Little
Princess of Power Offline
Gold Star
Princess of Power
Napa, CA
Your Mom is amazing, multiple SURVIVOR !!!! Battling this once is stressfull enough, can't imagine the strength, faith and support she must have. You are lucky to have her in your life.

Return to Top
#1606848 - 09/21/11 08:50 PM Re: ACS Relay for Life Princess of Power
MoodyBlue Offline
100 Club
Below the Mason Dixon Line
I am on the steering committee and also a committee chair for my hometown Relay and I have seen so much in working with Relay.

I hope that someone has asked your mom to maybe be a speaker at your Relay. Your mom is an inspiration to others and is still a survivor!! Good luck with your Relay tomorrow! Here is an excerpt---

Cancer Is So Limited

It cannot cripple love.
It cannot shatter hope.
It cannot corrode faith.
It cannot destroy peace.
It cannot kill friendship.
It cannot suppress memories.
It cannot silence courage.
It cannot invade the soul.
It cannot steal eternal life.
It cannot conquer the spirit.
[Excerpt from Ann Landers column]

Return to Top
#1607091 - 09/22/11 03:03 PM Re: ACS Relay for Life MoodyBlue
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
Thank you!

I will share that with her at the event tomorrow laugh

Return to Top
#1607373 - 09/22/11 06:39 PM Re: ACS Relay for Life Sing A Little
wavewatcher Offline
Diamond Poster
wavewatcher
Hawaii
your mom is a very strong woman - to fight all her physical battles with grace and dignity. you are lucky she is a role model - that cancer does not kill us (all).

best wishes - i had a team for our local ACS Relay for Life - for my mom, my aunt and friends (both living and deceased).

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett