Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1598689 - 08/31/11 04:23 PM TIL and GFE Email Disclosures and E-Sign
YVeitia Offline
Hello to all,
I am seeking advice for the following topic. Our Institution does not accept residential or consumer loan applications over the internet, all our applications are done in person, mail, or over the telephone. What are you doing in order to send initial disclosures (TIL and GFE) via email and at the same time comply with E-Sign? I understand the borrower must consent to electronic disclosures but how are you getting this done? Please share your practices. Thanks

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1598814 - 08/31/11 07:14 PM Re: TIL and GFE Email Disclosures and E-Sign YVeitia
AFaquir Offline
Platinum Poster
AFaquir
Top of the world... and never ...
We are not, it is my understanding that e-mail is not an acceptable delivery method unless your bank is E-sign compliant.

Just my opinion though, others may vary, but we had this discussion with out originators and said no deal since we do not comply with E-sign in any way.

Cheers!

MBA Fin/MBS HR

My views only!

Return to Top
#1598824 - 08/31/11 07:25 PM Re: TIL and GFE Email Disclosures and E-Sign AFaquir
Cbecotte Offline
Massachusetts
Agree with AFaquir.

Return to Top
#1598899 - 08/31/11 08:52 PM Re: TIL and GFE Email Disclosures and E-Sign YVeitia
Dallas Fan Offline
100 Club
RIC
The consent procedure is required under ESIGN for all electronic delivery. Do a search for electronic consent here on BOL and you will get a wealth of information. Richard Insley appears to be the expert in this area. Here is one such post:

http://www.bankersonline.com/technology/guru2010/gurus_tech092010b.html

Return to Top
#1598961 - 08/31/11 11:26 PM Re: TIL and GFE Email Disclosures and E-Sign Dallas Fan
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
We've discussed ESIGN extensively since BOL opened for business and there are scores of threads you can review. One quick way to get into them is to do an advanced search using "consent" in the Keyword Search Terms field and "Richard Insley" in the Display Name Search field. Set the search period for 10 years.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z