Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1599381 - 09/01/11 08:18 PM Tract information
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
I'm pulling my hair out (which is bad because it's not growing in too fast) trying to get certain tract information.

I'm trying (by county or assessment area) to get information broken down by tract income (Low, Moderate, Middle & Upper)such as:
Population
Families
OO Housing
Businesses
Farms

I'm seeing the same materials over and over, but none by tract income. Is it available?

Return to Top
CRA
#1599415 - 09/01/11 08:57 PM Re: Tract information Rocky P
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
The button on the bottom of the FFIEC page titled "Get Census Demographic" will give population, housing units, but not business or farm info.

There are additional links for income, population and housing data from the summary census demographic page.

Return to Top
#1599428 - 09/01/11 09:05 PM Re: Tract information Rocky P
JUST CALL ME CRA Offline
100 Club
SOMEWHERE
Go to FFIEC.gov. Near the bottom click on Census Reports. Then you can pick the state, msa or county and get income level of census tracts, tract population, and the number of owner occupied housing units in each tract. Small business and small farms can be found on the U.S. Census Bureau website. I use factfinder.census.gov. On the far left, you can pick "people" and then enter the county and state you want and it will bring up the number of families in the county. Then you can go to the left hand side and click on CHANGE (geography, state, etc.). Then where is says, geographic type, you can pick census tract and enter the county and state. This will bring up the number of families. The businesses and farms can be found in the HMDA and CRA Aggregage Reports also on ffiec.gov. You will find HMDA and CRA on the home page. But I don't know if this breaks it down by census tract.

Return to Top
#1599457 - 09/01/11 09:51 PM Re: Tract information JUST CALL ME CRA
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
Thank you Pale and ILMJ.

Return to Top