Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1601373 - 09/08/11 11:03 PM New to CA, overview of state laws?
Dana C. Paull Offline
Central CA
I've spent my banking years in Nevada, and now am in CA. I'm finding most every federal law has a state equivalent to review as well. Is there any general reference materials I can use to better organize and identify these laws? Thanks for any help!

Dana Paull, CRCM, Heritage Oaks Bank, SVP/Compliance Manager

Return to Top
#1601701 - 09/09/11 04:03 PM Re: New to CA, overview of state laws? Dana C. Paull
Al Miller Offline
Diamond Poster
Al Miller
Pleasanton CA USA
Welcome to CA. I am not aware of anything available except to members of a "group"

Consider the CA Bankers Association Regulatory Compliance Conference next month. http://www.calbankers.com/regcomp11

Check out Bankers' Compliance Group (www.BankersComplianceGroup.com), the BCLS Group (www.BCLSLaw.com) and contact Gene Elerding (gelerding@manatt.com).

You can also PM me with your contact information as I disseminate information from time to time.

Al

Return to Top
#1602069 - 09/09/11 10:51 PM Re: New to CA, overview of state laws? Al Miller
Dana C. Paull Offline
Central CA
Hi Al, I will be at the CBA conference in October (Irvine), and am happy to be able to meet Leland, the CBA's CA counsel. I know we will be covering changes, but I'm wishing for a general "alphabet soup" sort of document that I can peruse in a few pages and recognize that I need to check the law or contact counsel before completing my analysis and application.

I will PM you - thank you!

Dana Paull, CRCM, Heritage Oaks Bank, SVP/Compliance Manager

Return to Top