Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1601721 - 09/09/11 04:27 PM Accuracy & Integrity Information Regulation
NU Rhules Offline
Gold Star
NU Rhules
SE, Nebraska
We are OCC. The OCC addresses this subject in their regulation, 12 CFR 41. But all I see in most discussions are references to the Fed's Reg V (12 CFR 222). So which do I cite on my policy statement/procedures? Realizing they are probably very similar. Also note FDIC's is 12 CFR 334.40. Why on earth do we have so many regs covering the same stuff? This morning I printed the FCRA as amended by FACTA and am thinking I am simply going to reference that. It's easier to read than the regulations!
Sorry for the rant. This could probaby go in the newby section too.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1601894 - 09/09/11 06:50 PM Re: Accuracy & Integrity Information Regulation NU Rhules
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
They are exactly the same. Cite your OCC regulation as that is the regulatory authority under which you are governed.

You get your own regulations because you also get things like preemption authority - or you could choose to just be like everyone else to simplfy your life or the government could choose to just have one giant regulator - oh wait a minute - that what's they are trying to do smile

Return to Top
#1601898 - 09/09/11 06:51 PM Re: Accuracy & Integrity Information Regulation NU Rhules
Ted Dreyer Offline
Diamond Poster
Ted Dreyer
You should probably use the OCC version, since the Accuracy and Integrity regulations in Reg V only apply to state member banks.

There are other regulations like this - Reg O, for example, is usually cited for extensions of credit to insiders, but the other agencies all have a separate regulation applying very similar standards.

Return to Top
#1602040 - 09/09/11 08:51 PM Re: Accuracy & Integrity Information Regulation Ted Dreyer
NU Rhules Offline
Gold Star
NU Rhules
SE, Nebraska
Oh I'm going for a Motrin. I thought the FAA's (DOT)regulations were screwed up. Thanks - it was mostly just to vent, but did not know about O - thanks Ted. I've been to several schools now and none have mentioned this nice little piece of info....and just this week started putting it all together.

RL - actually they are mostly the same, with some minor differences I noted in one case. I couldn't tell you where I saw it.

Agreed! Unfortunately, the engine that is the Govnmt will be very slow to consolodate overlapping regs, because that means Federal jobs would be lost. I've witnessed it in the FAA during recent reorganization in the name of efficiencies - they did everything they could to keep as many jobs as possible - which on the human side is hard to argue with. It's a tough issue.
Last edited by Cornhusker; 09/09/11 08:52 PM.
Return to Top