Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#1602798 - 09/13/11 02:30 PM ATM withdrawal
Anonymous
Unregistered

A customer withdrew money from our ATM and claims that when she obtained the money it flew away. She wants the bank to reimburse her.

I cant register how we are liable for this? Anyone had this happen before if so what was the response to the customer?

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#1602805 - 09/13/11 02:35 PM Re: ATM withdrawal Anonymous
osucpa Offline
Diamond Poster
I do not believe the Bank is liable but a couple of things the Bank may want to consider for this situation.

-Is the individual making the withdrawal a bank customer.
-Dollar amount of the transaction

#1602814 - 09/13/11 02:44 PM Re: ATM withdrawal osucpa
Anonymous
Unregistered

yes and dollar amount is insignificant for a bank our size and i figured it would come down to customer service. I just wanted to clarify that for future incidents where amounts may be bigger we have no liability and its more of a customer service issue rather than a compliance/reg issue.

Thanks!!!!

#1602873 - 09/13/11 03:33 PM Re: ATM withdrawal Anonymous
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Quote:
...when she obtained the money it flew away. She wants the bank to reimburse her.

If Regulation E had a heading such as: Force majeure or Acts of God, I think your bank would be on the hook. As it is, you are not. Your customer does get the chutzpah award for the day though. grin

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale